Bobcats shopping #2 pick

• The Charlotte Bobcats are shopping the second overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, according to multiple sources. They have yet to contact Thomas Robinson, who many had penciled in as the number two pick after Anthony Davis. On Thursday afternoon, the Bobcats met with a number of players who are projected in the middle of the first round, such as Tyler Zeller, which indicates that they could be looking to move down. The Bobcats don’t seem to be in love with anyone at this point, which means a different team could be selecting second on draft night.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/combine-notebook-2-pick-on-the-move1

Apparently they're "asking the world" for the pick, and want to package Tyrus Thomas with it.

There are no stars really on the block right now by the sounds of things, so I don't know what exactly they are hoping to get for it. That Thomas contract was so horrible. He literally said earlier in his career he wouldn't do the dunk contest because it wasn't a big enough paycheck, that wasn't a big enough clue not to pay him big money? Some management teams man, it really makes you wonder.

Only thing I could really think of is the Hornets with Eric Gordon, but who knows if Charlotte would take the chance on those knees and if NOH would even want to.

Just keep the pick and take MKG or Beal and call it a day. MJ has to realize this is a process and they are going to be high in the lottery at least 2-3 more years before it starts moving up. They can afford to take a really sick complimentary player like MKG right now.

Edited by Check my Stats

I think Rich Cho wants to acquire more picks, and thus, may look to trade with Portland who currently hold the 6 and 11 picks in the draft. I doubt they find an offer worthy of the #2 pick. It's a smart move really, I don't like the idea of MKG to the Bobcats, and they desperately need an overhaul of quality young talent. What better way to execute that strategy than in this draft.

• Owner

They would get a better player if they decided to just wipe Tyrus from the equation. Adding him with the pick is actually making it much more difficult...nobody wants any part of him right now.

I'm thinking Jordan/Cho just wants to trade down, but stay in the lottery...and maybe picking up a half-decent player + lottery pick for that #2.

We're hearing that the Raptors could trade the #8 pick. Would they hand over DeRozan and the #8 for the #2?

Like already mentioned, I think they'd rather just trade down and pick up an additional pick.

Possibilities are:

Portland for 6 and 11

Cleveland for 4 and 24

Golden State for 7 and 30

I think Golden State is highly unlikely, but I could see the other two scenarios as possible if Portland or Cleveland fall in love with somebody like MKG or Beal and Charlotte thinks they'd be better of trading down and picking up, say, Barnes and the best big available at 24 (Cleveland) or Lamb and Sullinger/Zeller (Portland).

I can't see them trading out of the draft all together.