SF Chron: Deng to GSW?

Pooh25

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1OQ8DD.DTL

After securing their own No. 7 pick in Wednesday's draft lottery, the Warriors have four picks, which can be used to trade up in the draft or for an experienced small forward. They could use a playmaking forward, like Andre Iguodala or Lamar Odom, or a defensive-minded guy, like Nic Batum, Luol Deng, Luc Mbah a Moute or Josh Smith.

I wouldn't mind getting Deng for the #7 pick and picking up Barnes (if he's still there or at least trade up and get him).

• Owner

For the seventh pick? Why would Chicago do this? Deng is a developed player, an all-star, and one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA...and he's still in his prime.

I don't get it, really. I would rather hang in there and wait for Rose to get healthy, hope to find a taker for Boozer, and then continue to contend in the East.

For the seventh pick? Why would Chicago do this? Deng is a developed player, an all-star, and one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA...and he's still in his prime.

I don't get it, really. I would rather hang in there and wait for Rose to get healthy, hope to find a taker for Boozer, and then continue to contend in the East.

Management has seen that Deng is not close enough to be a good #2 option, a great #3 though and Deng's contract restricts them from getting this elite #2 scorer to put with Rose. At least with Barnes, he's projected to be better than Deng is and the Bulls aren't restricted by Deng's contract anymore. At age 29, the Bulls will have to extend him and Deng would want another massive contract which would restrict the team again and currently his value is high.

In a nutshell, he makes too much money, not worth the $13M next year or $14M after and he's only going to get older and have more injuries, and he's horrible at ball handling.

Edited by MnM24

Management has seen that Deng is not close enough to be a good #2 option, a great #3 though and Deng's contract restricts them from getting this elite #2 scorer to put with Rose. At least with Barnes, he's projected to be better than Deng is and the Bulls aren't restricted by Deng's contract anymore. At age 29, the Bulls will have to extend him and Deng would want another massive contract which would restrict the team again and currently his value is high.

In a nutshell, he makes too much money, not worth the $13M next year or $14M after and he's only going to get older and have more injuries, and he's horrible at ball handling.

Honestly, Barnes' ceiling is at the most what Deng is today IMO and I'm a big Barnes fan. I guess with next season almost being a throwaway year with Rose's injury it might make sense to build a little for the future but I'd try and move Boozer before Deng.

Barnes is at most Deng? No way. I think he has potential to be better due to the fact he has 2nd option potential offensively. Sure he might not wind up as good defensively (he might though), but offensively, his ceiling is way higher IMO.

Unfortunately this would be horrible for Chicago since Barnes will not be on the board at 7.

I'm not really sure what the cap situation looks like for the Bulls, but they should probably try to trade for or sign a post player. Outside of Boozer they really dont have anyone as far as playing with their back to the basket. Also they should maybe look into getting a hybrid three/four.

Other than that I'm staying put if I'm the Bulls. The core is in place for them to win a championship, it just comes down to health. Rose, Noah, Deng, and Gibson should be untouchable unless they are getting a significant upgrade (not a draft pick).

I'm not really sure what the cap situation looks like for the Bulls, but they should probably try to trade for or sign a post player. Outside of Boozer they really dont have anyone as far as playing with their back to the basket. Also they should maybe look into getting a hybrid three/four.

Other than that I'm staying put if I'm the Bulls. The core is in place for them to win a championship, it just comes down to health. Rose, Noah, Deng, and Gibson should be untouchable unless they are getting a significant upgrade (not a draft pick).

I disagree. That team, the way its built right now, will never get past a healthy Miami team. They rely way too much on Rose come playoff time and the other 4 guys don't play as well because of that.

I disagree. That team, the way its built right now, will never get past a healthy Miami team. They rely way too much on Rose come playoff time and the other 4 guys don't play as well because of that.

Bulls took the regular season series 2 games to 1 (one win without Derrick Rose). It's unfair to just assume that a healthy Bulls team couldn't edge them out in a 7 game series. Rose still holds much of the scoring burden but the Bulls offense as a whole is different from last season. Rip adds another scoring dimension and Deng was an improved scorer. The knock on Rose's game was that he was a poor jumpshooter, but I thought he had improved in that department especially from three point range.

IF they were healthy this season they could have made a run. If the Pacers had played their cards right they could have upset the Heat. Even the Celtics had a golden oppertunity. The fact is that they Heat aren't as good as people make them out to be. LeBron is a beast, but Wade has declined significantly this season (partly due to his knees) and Bosh is a hit or miss on certain nights. The rest of the roster is full of mediocrity.

Miami isn't going to be making any significant roster upgrades as long as the current big three are in tact. Given that I think the Bulls can knock them out considering they have most roster flexibility and ability to strengthen their roster.

Edited by Simba
  • Like 1

Lol they swept us last year in the regular season and we beat that ass in the ECF, that team is like the Cleveland LeBron teams, built for regular season dominance but not to win titles.

And lol @ the Heat aren't as good as people think they are. We've made it to the Finals 2 years in a row now. Try to be a little less biased next time.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

Lol they swept us last year in the regular season and we beat that ass in the ECF, that team is like the Cleveland LeBron teams, built for regular season dominance but not to win titles.

And lol @ the Heat aren't as good as people think they are. We've made it to the Finals 2 years in a row now. Try to be a little less biased next time.

One of those Cleveland teams made it to the Finals, also...so I'm not really sure if you can say that they were built for regular season dominance. They just ran into a younger Celtics team (in another season) that, if handed this series against the current Heat squad, would have advanced to the Finals as well.

• Like 1

I guess you'll just realize that when OKC wins the NBA title.

• Like 1