LeBron James plans for better Finals

LeBron James is making a guarantee about this third Finals appearance: This time there will be no regrets.Though his playoff career has been accomplished, the two worst series of James' career have been his two previous trips to the Finals. Speaking Monday as he and his Miami Heat teammates prepared to face the Oklahoma City Thunder in Tuesday's Game 1, James was confident that trend would come to an end."At the end of the day in this series I'm going to play my game and try to do whatever it takes on both ends and make plays," James said at Cheasapeake Energy Arena. "Whatever the results, I'm going to be satisfied with that. I'm going to be happy with it because I know I'm going to give it my all."James was certainly not satisfied with his production in the Finals loss to the Dallas Mavericks last year and plenty of people wondered if he'd given it his all. After averaging 25.8 points, 7.8 rebounds and 6.3 assists in the conference finals, James had little impact in the series against the Mavericks. He averaged just 17.6 points, which was stunningly third on his team. His Game 4 performance, where he only scored eight points as the Heat lost control of the series, was arguably the worst game of his career.

Source: ESPN

I never understood his I have no regrets thing....what if he has an off game and he just has no way of turning it around? Will he not regret that? I hope he just means he plans to go ape shit in every game.

I never understood his I have no regrets thing....what if he has an off game and he just has no way of turning it around? Will he not regret that? I hope he just means he plans to go ape shit in every game.

Having no regrets means he's gonna give his all every play and do everthing to the best of his ability. Having an "off" game doesn't mean he didn't give his all, an he won't regret it because he knows he was trying his best. We all know he's probably going to have an off game sometime this series but there's other things he can do to make up for it.

LeBron has been to the finals 3 times already at only 27 yrs of age, I would say that's a winner.

Either way, he'll be seeing the final many more times.

Lol no you don't understand, he a dirty choker who's never done anything worthwhile in his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SLqLOTWwk8M

• Owner

LeBron may be playing great right now, but he knows (as does everyone else) that his legacy depends on championships. That's just the way it is.

Right now, people are going to see how dominant he is in these games. Twenty years from now? If he doesn't have a ring to show for it (and he will, but just for the sake of the argument), that's what he'll be remembered most by...just like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone (thanks to MJ).

Getting to the Finals, and losing, means nothing. Do people give a damn about the Buffalo Bills? They went to four consecutive Super Bowls (90, 91, 92, 93) and lost every single one of them. I bet casual football fans have no idea they were even that "successful" in the early 90's.

It's actually good to see LeBron talking this way, but once the curtains rise, will he be that aggressive LeBron we saw in Games 6 and 7, the guy that welcomes that killer instinct...or will he fade back into the LeBron we saw against the Mavericks last Finals, who dropped one of the worst games of his career (the eight-point game) and was absolutely horrible in the fourth quarters? That's why people are watching him more than anyone else right now, and rightfully so.