How much blame should Dwyane Wade get?

Real Deal

• Owner

Well if LeBron continues to play well I'll put at least 60 on Wade with the other 40 on Spo.

What is Spo being blamed for, exactly? Assuming everything goes the same way it did in Game 1 (aside from CB not starting, because I'm pretty sure he'll start tonight), I'm not understanding why he would get that much blame.

Chalmers and Battier didn't show up in the second half...and that had nothing to do with Spo.

Bosh probably thinks he's Dirk Nowitzki now, and he's relying far too much on LeBron and Wade's drives to the rim to get off his shots...and I don't see why that's on Spo, either.

The rest of the bench is so irrelevant, it doesn't matter. Mike Miller is walking around like he's 55 years old, grabbing his back after every shot attempt, rebound, and pass. James Jones does nothing but shoot threes, and recently, all of his threes are coming late in the shot clock, and he just launches them up there without even looking at the rim. Norris Cole has been inconsistent since the All-Star break. Haslem's favorite shot is bricking more than it ever has in the playoffs.

I'm not seeing anything any other coach could do about the Heat's play. Wade isn't mentally right...and I don't buy the injury excuse, because he murdered the Pacers in 6-7 consecutive halves as if he was 2006 Wade, and for some reason, his second half performances are far, far better than his first half duds...and Spoelstra, again, can do nothing about the missed shots.

What is Spo being blamed for, exactly? Assuming everything goes the same way it did in Game 1 (aside from CB not starting, because I'm pretty sure he'll start tonight), I'm not understanding why he would get that much blame.

Chalmers and Battier didn't show up in the second half...and that had nothing to do with Spo.

Bosh probably thinks he's Dirk Nowitzki now, and he's relying far too much on LeBron and Wade's drives to the rim to get off his shots...and I don't see why that's on Spo, either.

The rest of the bench is so irrelevant, it doesn't matter. Mike Miller is walking around like he's 55 years old, grabbing his back after every shot attempt, rebound, and pass. James Jones does nothing but shoot threes, and recently, all of his threes are coming late in the shot clock, and he just launches them up there without even looking at the rim. Norris Cole has been inconsistent since the All-Star break. Haslem's favorite shot is bricking more than it ever has in the playoffs.

I'm not seeing anything any other coach could do about the Heat's play. Wade isn't mentally right...and I don't buy the injury excuse, because he murdered the Pacers in 6-7 consecutive halves as if he was 2006 Wade, and for some reason, his second half performances are far, far better than his first half duds...and Spoelstra, again, can do nothing about the missed shots.

The decision to have the ball primarily in Wade's hands is his. The 6 man rotation was his. Spo is good at preparing before games but he's a terrible in game coach. He struggles with doing things on the fly. He drew up plays for Bosh to shoot threes too so yeah, he needs to get some blame.

I also agree with there not being enough heat on Riley (no pun intended).

Wade deserves most of the blame, some on Spoelstra as well (if a coach gets credit for winning he deserves some blame for losing, too). Also the role players have to step up, Mike Miller should be able to hit an open shot, or else he shouldn't play.

I still think Miami will win the series, so I'm not hitting the panic button just yet for Miami.

Wade should get the blame, but he is not going to....it will be Lebron's fault. In Miami media, Wade is on Marino status, you can not criticize him, and the national media only cares about what Lebron does....so Wade will indeed get a pass no matter what he does. Its not like he is doing terrible, he is just taking too long to get going. It didn't hurt us in game 1, but when he did get going, we were screwed either way because the Thunder did not miss a damn shot.

A big problem (for 2 full years now) is that whenever Wade has the ball, LBJ just stands upright in the corner, and vice versa. Wade is clearly the inferior player, so he is going to have to learn to play off the ball, or he is going to become more and more useless for this team. He should spend all summer shooting spot up jumpers, honestly. He needs to commit to being the best 2nd option in the NBA, because right now, even if he says it, he hasn't handed the baton to LBJ yet, and its hurting this team so much.

Spo and Wade will share the blame. Wade's postseason stats are basically identical to his regular season numbers. But as Lebron has elevated his play in the postseason, he has failed to do the same. That's primarily why he is being scrutinized so much, and rightfully so.

As for Spo anything short of a championship is failure. If they aren't winning it all then he's certainly subject to blame. His job is on the line right now.

As much as I dislike Wade, I'm not sure if I'd give him most of the blame. Yes, LeBron had some nice stats in game 1, but I don't feel like it was a great performance by him.

Wade has clearly struggled and needs to step up, but so do the rest of the Heat.

At the end of the day, LeBron went to Miami to get some extra help that he didn't have in Cleveland, but that help hasn't been there in Miami lately.

LeBron is going to go off tonight:

38 points (maybe 45.....)

12 rebounds

8 assists

3 steals

1 block

BEAST!

The decision to have the ball primarily in Wade's hands is his. The 6 man rotation was his. Spo is good at preparing before games but he's a terrible in game coach. He struggles with doing things on the fly. He drew up plays for Bosh to shoot threes too so yeah, he needs to get some blame.

Agreed with everything except the last part. I don't think Spo drew up plays for Bosh to shoot three's, I think one three came when he was a trailer, for the most part, you have to blame Bosh for not even attempting to establish position down low.

Flash is right though, Spo deserves a lot of the blame if he gets out coached by Scott Brooks. Scott made some key adjustments in the second half of game 1, and him playing Thabo more than Harden was important.