New Jersey @ Milwaukee

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

Big chance for the Nets to finally win a game, even though the Bucks have been playing well lately. But...if Brandon Jennings wants another 40-50, this would be his game, even though Alston tries to play defense every once in a while.

I wonder how much the Bucks will go to Bogut tonight, after seeing how difficult it was for Lopez to defend Hibbert.

Watch our backcourt constantly put defensive pressure on Jennings and keep him cold for most of the game, forcing the rest of the Bucks to do the scoring.

We have the Bucks tonight and the Knicks next before we have our annual Thanksgiving west coast road trip, where we have stumbled in the past. So hopefully we come away with a win or two before we visit the Nuggets, Blazers, Kings, and Lakers.

And once again, we have a rough start to the second half. 10-0 run by Milwaukee.

And what a surprise. Replace Carmelo Anthony two weeks ago with Brandon Jennings tonight, and it's the same story. We shut him down the first half, and he's on fire to start the third quarter.

And the third quarter ends up a disaster once again. We're held to 12 points. We're still in comeback distance, though.

Lopez has been sitting a lot today since he's been on the floor almost the whole game these past couple of weeks.

The officiating is making this game harder for us.

Solid win for the bucks, 99-85.

Jennings got 19 points along with a great 8 assists. However, he also led the team with 8 turnovers. He's going to need to limit those down the stretch as that many can really make or break certain games when they're a bit closer. I know with experience he'll make some better decisions and that shouldn't really be an issue.

I was pretty much right with Bogut though. He finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds. I would love to see those types of numbers from him every night but unfortunately that's just not going to happen. He's a 15/9 kind of center if that. Regardless, he put up the numbers tonight and played a big role in us walking away with the win.

Ridnour and Delfino also contributed a good amount tonight. They combined for 38 points, 8 rebounds and 9 assits.

This is a different Bucks team. Without Redd we seem to be getting more players involved in the offense, thus also making them work on the defensive end. I think Redd's time in Milwaukee may be just about over as we've proven we're the same if not better without him. We need to start rebuilding around Jennings and Bogut now. I'd like to see us trade Redd for some picks or other young players.

Overall, solid win for the Bucks! :dribble:

Edited by MilwaukeeBucks

Really quite a shame how we have yet to hold on to a lead this season.

On the bright side, CDR kept getting to the stripe and had another 30-point game. The time he spent in the gym this offseason has made a huge difference.

The rookie comparison was interesting tonight. T-Will had 20 points on 8-15 shooting with 10 boards. Jennings had 19 points on 6-13 shooting and 8 assists.

• Owner

CDR is a good player. I know there isn't much going on in the offense for the Nets with Harris out, so you're probably seeing inflated stats on a bad team, but it's still something to be excited about. Teams are looking to stop him and Lopez, both tough to do...and the problem is that nobody else is really stepping up to help, and the Nets are playing zero defense, help or man-to-man...perfect recipe for a winless season at this point.

The record for most losses to start the season would be 17, by the Clippers. I'm sure New Jersey will find a way to avoid that. How long is Harris out?

CDR is a good player. I know there isn't much going on in the offense for the Nets with Harris out, so you're probably seeing inflated stats on a bad team, but it's still something to be excited about. Teams are looking to stop him and Lopez, both tough to do...and the problem is that nobody else is really stepping up to help, and the Nets are playing zero defense, help or man-to-man...perfect recipe for a winless season at this point.

The record for most losses to start the season would be 17, by the Clippers. I'm sure New Jersey will find a way to avoid that. How long is Harris out?

Harris said he's playing this Saturday when we're home against the Knicks. We go west after that for four 9:00-10:00 games. We usually stumble on the Thanksgiving road trip regardless of how good the team is. If we don't win before the end of the road trip, we'll be 0-17.