Toronto @ Utah

alcstarheel

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

Toronto just played last night, so you'll see some fatigue. Utah is at home, and as the season progresses, you may see that they play better in Salt Lake City. I'm not sure if you'll see it tonight, but if the Jazz want to win this game, they are going to have to defend the three much better. It seems they love giving it up, sacrificing it for their interior defense (lack of, with Boozer and Okur as their matadors), and teams are fighting them by launching those long-range bombs. Toronto won't have a problem with that.

I think it’s going to be a tough game for the Raptors to win considering that they’re coming off a loss last night in Denver so fatigue will play a factor. At the same time I think Bosh is a little ticked off and he will be ready to play. Hopefully Demar has another good game but we really need Turk to play just to open things up for Bosh and Andrea needs to get it going early in the game as oppose to in the third quarter.

I wish Utah was our first game and Denver on the 2nd. This is going to be a grind it out game which sucks having played the night before. This is a team we should beat by double digits without Deron, they don't have many three point threats so we should be okay that way. I don't see many creators on their roster so their offense will hopefully be relatively stagnant in the half court, if they run the ball it could hurt us.

Even on a back to back this is a game we should and I think need to win.

Please put someone on the floor who actually wants to play. These half [expletive] plays, and half [expletive] lob passes aren't going to cut it. Get all of these guys off the floor, Boozer is out rebounding 2 guys taller than him right at the basket.

This is the most frustrated I've been watching a game in a while, absolutely zero effort, get all these guys off the floor.

I don't understand how somebody can be so bad on defense. I mean not being a good man defender is one thing because there really is only so much you can do about it. If you lack the necessary skills to guard your man then you won't be a good man defender. I can live with that.

But I don't understand how somebody can be so completely clueless when it comes to team defense and just fundamentals of defense. Is it really hard to understand that you need to see the ball and your man? Is it really that hard to understand that when you are slow defensively that you should gap your man and not crowd him? The lack of fundamentals when it comes to defense is just absolutely pathetic. You learn this [expletive] in grade school for crying out loud.

Two guesses as to which player I am talking about.

Oh yeah, Jarrett Jack sucks. Might as well play Marcus Banks because Jack does NOTHING out there.

Can't believe we are still in this game. Feel like Bosh is phasing back into too many jumpers which worries me. At least they are falling right now.

Our interior defense is absolutely pathetic. Once you get past our guards there is either no help, and even if there is help they aren't hard to get by. This team needs a big man who is committed to the defensive end, I wish Reggie was the answer but I honestly doubt a guy who plays 15 minutes a game will fix this team. Bargnani has to go, he can't rebound and aside from a couple blocks he just displays a complete lack of effort or commitment on the defensive end.

For crying out loud he ran into Bosh going for a board and turned it over, I forget if Utah scored but I wanted to kick a hole in my TV. This has been an extremely hard game to watch, especially on the defensive end.

We honestly have to call Golden State and inquire about Biedrins' availability, hell I would ask for Monta too even though I doubt we have enough. Probably wouldn't even have to give Demar that organization is so pathetic lol.

Edited by travesy3

The raptors are two steps behind on defence. Obviously they weren’t seeing man and ball but to me they were just chasing the Jazz around and they were getting caught up on the screens. They need to do a better job of fighting through screens and they need to push the jazz out of the paint.

On offense they have to stop taking so many jump shots. The raptors have to play inside out because in my mind the strength of this team is in the paint and they have the ability to bully the jazz around cause the raptors are bigger and faster than the jazz and we saw that towards the end of the second quarter.

• Owner

Bargnani isn't going to play defense. He never has, never will...has nothing to do with the effort. BUT...how can you not get him shots? I see him open every now and then, but it's like Calderon has blinders on.

This kind of stuff will be the death of the franchise. Bosh won't want to stick around with these guys. Calderon is an idiot.

Can't believe we are still in this game. Feel like Bosh is phasing back into too many jumpers which worries me. At least they are falling right now.

Our interior defense is absolutely pathetic. Once you get past our guards there is either no help, and even if there is help they aren't hard to get by. This team needs a big man who is committed to the defensive end, I wish Reggie was the answer but I honestly doubt a guy who plays 15 minutes a game will fix this team. Bargnani has to go, he can't rebound and aside from a couple blocks he just displays a complete lack of effort or commitment on the defensive end.

For crying out loud he ran into Bosh going for a board and turned it over, I forget if Utah scored but I wanted to kick a hole in my TV. This has been an extremely hard game to watch, especially on the defensive end.

We honestly have to call Golden State and inquire about Biedrins' availability, hell I would ask for Monta too even though I doubt we have enough. Probably wouldn't even have to give Demar that organization is so pathetic lol.

Dude you kill me. I just love reading your post.

He has 22 points on 8/11 shooting and 6/9 from the stripe. I honestly don't think that there is anything wrong with the way that he has played so far (offensively at least). He is doing a good job of mixing it up and keeping the Jazz defense guessing. Boozer and Millsap aren't able to guard him off of the bounce so when they have gradually started to give him more and more space which he has taken advantage of. He is mixing it up and I have really liked the way that he has played offensively.

Lol, Williams just goes around Calderon like he isn't even there. I honestly think that a paraplegic could drop 20 on him. Ok, maybe that is taking it too far, but stil.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I know, that is why I said thankfully they are falling. I just prefer he is attacking but I feel like when a call or two doesn't go his way he reverts back to his jumper. That isn't a bad thing if it is falling, I am just saying I am more comfortable when Bosh is taking it inside like he did in the ladder part of the first half.

Real Deal, are you watching the game right now? There is no effort, he doesn't even jump off the floor for a board. I don't care if you aren't a good defender or rebounder, if you are 7 feet you jump up and box your man out. Like Bosh said, to get a rebound you simply 'go get it', while Bargnani lets the ball get him on his rebounds which is so damn frustrating. The only boards he gets are ones that come right to him. I agree with you on offense though, Jose only has eyes for Bosh. I have never hated Jose more until this year, it sucks that Jack sucks so much we have no one to go to on the bench to really pick it up since Jack isn't even an upgrade right now when Jose is being an idiot.

Our interior defense is absolutely pathetic, not only does it give our wings no cushion if their defender happens to get by them which is a lot, but when penetration occurs our defense is completely broken down so fast. Denver made us look absolutely silly last night and Deron is doing the same.

Smh Andrea is practically crashing the glass right now that I have said all this garbage about him.

Our team is playing a lot better out of the second half, got some pep in our step. Nice to see like they actually want to play, Jose is still going to be the end of honestly.

How come every time a defender bites on Bargnani's pump fake he puts once bounce on the floor and still takes a deep jumper?

Edited by travesy3

• Owner

I'm switching back and forth. Yeah, there's no effort, but even if there was, Bargnani is not a good defensive player...that's my point.

But yes, it would be nice to at least contest a jumper, or try and box out for a rebound. All players should do that.

But to defend his lack of effort (and I usually don't ever do this), maybe the Raptors could get him more involved in the offense. It does work with some players. When you're moving around and not touching the ball, you start getting bored and angry, and it shows back on defense.

• Owner

Smh Andrea is practically crashing the glass right now that I have said all this garbage about him.

LOL, yeah...he must have read your post.

How come every time a defender bites on Bargnani's pump fake he puts once bounce on the floor and still takes a deep jumper?

Sadly, it's because he's a soft player. He'd take that jumper 90 times out of 100.

Can't believe we got Marco for Devean George, he is our best bench player lmao. Why is Sonny Weems playing? I know Wright is out but we can't give the minutes to anyone else? Demar, at least he gives the ball up if you give Sonny an inch of daylight he puts it up, he took 14 damn shots against Denver.

I don't mind Sonny playing in garbage time but we are within striking distance we don't needs this nub on the floor.

I [expletive]ing hate Calderon. Why the hell is he even on the court? He is the worst defensive player in the NBA and can't do [expletive] all on offense. He is absolutely terrible yet he is still on the floor and chucking up shots.

I can't stand this player. I honestly am at the point where I hate him more than Jason Kapono, and I didn't even think that was possible.