Wiz to trade Rashard, #46 to Hornets for Ariza, Okafor

This works great for both sides IMO.

If Okafor and Ariza play well, with Nene and another year for John Wall, Wizards could be a contender for the 8th seed.

Not a bad trade and I guess this does cement that Bradley Beal is at the top of the Wizards draft board. My problem with this is, regardless of who is drafting there, what if Beal is taken off the board at #2?

Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, Okafor. That's a decent starting squad. If they manage to grab Beal it would make this trade very good for the Wizards.

On the other side, good move by the Hornets as well grabbing another pick, while dumping huge long term contracts is exactly what they needed to do. Well done.

Not a bad trade and I guess this does cement that Bradley Beal is at the top of the Wizards draft board. My problem with this is, regardless of who is drafting there, what if Beal is taken off the board at #2?

I wouldn't be too worried about Charlotte taking Beal. Jordan loves Henderson and all of buzz around Charlotte (from what I've read at least) is that their board consists of Robinson, MKG and Barnes in some order. I doubt Beal was ever really in the mix for Charlotte.

As for the trade, Washington better hope that Wall drastically improves and becomes a franchise player and Beal is able to develop into a legitimate 2nd option. If that doesn't happen, we can officially welcome them to basketball pugatory.

• Like 1

Awful jumpshooting from each position in the starting lineup, assuming Beal starts. It could be an exciting, athletic and strong defensive starting lineup, but if teams pack the paint and limits turnovers against them, Washington is going to have fits trying to score the ball. And as BFT said, from a financial standpoint it cripples them for a few years, which is the last thing a team that's in full-blown rebuilding mode needs, especially since this trade will make them good enough probably to be right on the edge of late lottery/8th seed territory where they won't get any star players via the draft.

As for NO, I love the trade. It opens up so much cap room, as well as a starting spot for Anthony Davis. Kinda wish they didn't trade Ariza, though...

Edited by Nitro

But they're not in that stage anymore.

Well, they blew-up their youthful core and chance to get major cap relief from Shard's contract for a few mid-level players and a less flexible cap situation for the near future. I don't really consider the moves they've made in the last year strong win-now moves, and as BFT said, now they are in purgatory.

Well, they blew-up their youthful core and chance to get major cap relief from Shard's contract for a few mid-level players and a less flexible cap situation for the near future. I don't really consider the moves they've made in the last year strong win-now moves, and as BFT said, now they are in purgatory.

They still have 9 players on their rookie contracts, that's far from blowing up a youthful core.

I've already responded to BFT's article regarding the state of the team, but just to clarify, it's not about winning now, it's more geared towards developing the young players under a winning environment.

I liked the trade for both teams tbh, this for Washington will at least make them competitive for now and financially viable, they have a bunch of young guys Wall, Crawford, 3rd pick, Vesley, Mack, Booker, Seraphin, Singleton, a bunch of guys who can grow, and now they get nice pieces in Meka and Ariza, who I think they can release early if they want, even if they dont well Okafor is a, big expiring contract in 2 years and Ariza can be a FA as soon as next year. Obviously this move isn't going to make Washington a champion but it at least can start to cultivate a winning culture over there...

As for the Hornets good deal as well you get what you paid for, you open up room to keep Gordon and a spot for your franchise C, in doing so you lose 2 very attractive players for contenders who could have given you something else.

I thought this was a very even deal, both teams doing what they think is right for their franchise.

It looks like the Wizards showed their cards too early and Cleveland are looking to trade their first round picks so they can move up and draft Beal with the number 2 pick. I hope not because I really like Beal and think he can be an all star in a few years.

Edited by AJFromTheDMV