Chris Broussard on Deron Williams

Here are just some of his updates on Deron Williams from ESPN Insider:

-Williams has yet to make a decision, and is still weighing a number of factors that will affect his choice.

-Although D-Will can make more guaranteed money by re-signing with the Nets, as I explained here, that's not expected to be a deciding factor.

-Williams geniunely likes the Nets' franchise and the new location, and is more optimistic about the team's future than some observers are. However, if Gerald Wallace signs elsewhere, it figures to reduce the odds of Williams re-signing.

-While the point guard would like to play in Brooklyn with Dwight Howard, he won't let Howard's future dictate his decision.

-The Mavericks are still viewed as the Nets' greatest competition, but the Suns are another team that could pose a serious threat to Brooklyn. If the Suns don't re-sign -Steve Nash, they should not be counted out of the Williams sweepstakes, says Broussard.

-According to Broussard, Williams, a Dallas native, is unlikely to sign in any cold-weather city besides New York. That would rule out a team like the Pacers, which might otherwise be a good fit.

-If Williams tells the Nets he won't re-sign, the team could explore sign-and-trade opportunities. However, the Nets would rather just take the cap space than acquire marginal players in return, so a sign-and-trade would probably only happen if the team could land a star. Broussard cites the Lakers' Andrew Bynum and the Knicks' Carmelo Anthony as two possibilities.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/06/latest-on-deron-williams.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What baffles me the most is that he would consider going to the Suns if Nash doesn't return. I find it hard to believe that he would waste his prime on a team that is in the rebuilding stages.

He's not going to the Suns, lol, He might as well sign with the Nets. The Nets have a greater future IMO than the Suns.

It's either Dallas or BK it seems like for Williams at this point. I think there's a great chance he stays with the Nets.

Lol at the Knicks Carmelo Anthony being a possible trade partner. This is such a bogus report

He's not going to the Suns, lol, He might as well sign with the Nets. The Nets have a greater future IMO than the Suns.

It's either Dallas or BK it seems like for Williams at this point. I think there's a great chance he stays with the Nets.

Lol at the Knicks Carmelo Anthony being a possible trade partner. This is such a bogus report

On point.

Chris Broussard talks out of his ass. I don't know how people haven't realized that.

While DWill was clowning A Woj, he took a jab at Broussard.

For the record, I'm not convinced he's staying at all. But a Chris Broussard article should not alter anybodys opinion on the situation. :lol:

So, basically, what Broussard is saying:

Deron may re-sign with the Nets.

Dalls is their biggest competition.

The Nets may sign and trade him if he leaves.

In other news, Chris Broussard just reported that the sky is blue.

Not to be outdone by Broussard, Magic had things to share with us today.

“If you're asking would Deron Williams make a difference, no question. He's an All-Star point guard. Any team would love to have Deron Williams,” Johnson assessed. “And with Deron being from Dallas, I'm sure Mark Cuban is going to make a great run at him, and Deron will have choices. I'm sure that the new Brooklyn Nets are not going to lay down and just let Mark have him, either. We'll see what happens.

“Mark Cuban is a winner, and he's going to be active in the free agent market, I'm sure.”