In Case You Forgot........

Thanks for the reminder.

Eric Snow started point guard for another finals team. Daniel Gibson scored over 30 in one of the games during that playoff run. Z was a multiple time all-star. Donyell and Damon wee clutch shooters. Hughes was on the decline, but was a solid defender (didn't play much in finals if I remember). Anderson was great off the bench for energy. Look at how productive Gooden has been since leaving Cavs; had a couple triple doubles for Milwaukee last year. Shannon Brown played big minutes for the Lakers in their title runs.

You make it out to be a one person effort. I don't because it isn't.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

If you're not first, you're last.

No shit? He was on his own against a team with the greatest PF in NBA history, and elite PG, and one of the best SG's of this decade.

Thanks for the reminder.

Eric Snow started point guard for another finals team. Daniel Gibson scored over 30 in one of the games during that playoff run. Z was a multiple time all-star. Donyell and Damon wee clutch shooters. Hughes was on the decline, but was a solid defender (didn't play much in finals if I remember). Anderson was great off the bench for energy. Look at how productive Gooden has been since leaving Cavs; had a couple triple doubles for Milwaukee last year. Shannon Brown played big minutes for the Lakers in their title runs.

You make it out to be a one person effort. I don't because it isn't.

Notsureifsrs.....

Your "no hate" for LeBron lasted a total of 48 hours. You're back on mad status.

Oh, wow, Snow started on another finals team? That means absolutely nothing at all. His 1.7ppg in the NBA Finals on the Cavaliers were sure a huge help.

I can't believe you're trying to use a 30 point game by Gibson to make it look like he was a true impact player.

Those 13ppg and 10rpg from Z were solid, but nothing spectacular. Once again, like your Snow comment, you're basing shit off of years prior.

"Clutch shooting" is all you can think of for Marshall and Jones? It doesn't surprise me because they were shit for anything else.

Hughes was slow as shit and pretty much useless.

Varajao brought "energy". Another "intangible" claim by you. Yes, he did bring energy, but how much did his energy help?

Shannon Brown played "big minutes" for the Lakers in their title runs? A whole 15mpg while averaging under 5ppg? You're reaching for everything except the sun right about now, and you're just flat out talking out of your ass.

I just went to look at what exactly Shannon Brown's minutes were in the NBA Finals appearance with the Cavaliers were, and it was..........................wait for it.......................keep waiting (like that ring for the Cavaliers)..................................ZERO minutes (0mpg)! :lol: . Keep making shit up though.

Is there anything else you want to make up?

Also, I'm glad I could remind you about that team because you sure as hell know/knew nothing about them. :lol: .

He got swept. So it doesn't matter....at all

You're right. LeBron got swept by one of the best franchises in the past 20 years while the rest of his JV squad did jack shit.

That doesn't happen if Wade doesn't hurt his shoulder.

Right, and Jamarcus Russell would be in the NFL if he wasn't fat, out of shape, and in trouble with the law. Slim chance of that happening or Wade ever being healthy.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I was making general statements about the players that are all true. Damon Jones hit a game winning three during one of our playoff games. Marshall was on fire in the game 6 clincher at New Jersey in the second round. My point about Shannon is that he's went on to have a big career. He scored double digits in many games during their playoff runs. I'll go in depth more later...but the point was that they aren't the scrubs you are making them out to be.

I'm over LeBron, but this post is an insult to my team, so of course I'll fire back.

Seriously, you call it a JV squad?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

My thinking has always been...if LeBron was able to lead this team to the finals...when he got better players (Mo Williams, Jamison, Shaq (who was on the decline but still big enough to get doubled), athletic overhyped Jamario, Hickson, Parker, West, Andy V more matured), why wasn't he able to lead them back to the finals?

To be honest, this finals team was pretty bad...sure, some of their role players had big moments during certain games, but none of those players, with the exception of Gooden and maybe Andy V, would start on any team in the NBA.

My thinking has always been...if LeBron was able to lead this team to the finals...when he got better players (Mo Williams, Jamison, Shaq (who was on the decline but still big enough to get doubled), athletic overhyped Jamario, Hickson, Parker, West, Andy V more matured), why wasn't he able to lead them back to the finals?

To be honest, this finals team was pretty bad...sure, some of their role players had big moments during certain games, but none of those players, with the exception of Gooden and maybe Andy V, would start on any team in the NBA.

Why wasn't he able to lead them back? I'm not sure if you're serious or are just having some memory problems, but I'll help you out.

http://www.howigit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/big3celebration.jpg

LeBron lead his team to a game 7 against the Celtics the very next season after losing to the Spurs in the finals. Name me one player that would lead that garbage team anywhere near the finals, and please don't say Kobe because we all know that's not true.

And, what ClevelandsFinest is saying makes absolutely no sense. This is exactly what he's saying, but in using a different sport.

Lets say Tom Brady lead an absolutely shitty team to a Super Bowl appearance, and had the current form of Tony Gonzalez, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Shawn Merriman on his team. He would try and say that Brady had help because he had multiple future HOFER's on his team yet those players haven't had a major impact in years.

• Owner

You do understand just how good of a defensive team, and how good of a rebounding team, that Cavaliers squad was...right? Back in 2007, LeBron was not even remotely close to receiving DPOY consideration (not in the top 29 players receiving votes, lets just put it that way), and that Cavaliers team was one of the best defensive teams in the league, defending the three point line better than anyone else, one of the better teams at defending the paint. Regarding the rebouding, LeBron contributed to under seven boards a game, while there were 3-4 other players that boarded 6-9 each (Gooden averaged nearly nine boards in under 30 minutes).

Defensive rating doesn't mean THAT much, but if you want to take that into consideration as well, LeBron was 7th on the team. Varejao was the best defensive player on that team (with or without the defensive rating), and both Marshall and Ilgauskas (ironically, the other two bigs) were second and third.

In addition to that...Gibson, Jones, Pavlovic and Marshall were giving the team around 12 3PTA a game, hitting at 35-42% on any given night together. It's enough to spread the floor.

There's no doubt LeBron was a dominant player, but you're clearly looking past the defense and rebounding this team produced, and most of that was due to their bigs doing major work. Offensively, the Cavaliers were in the bottom half of the league, despite LeBron's 27/6/6 (or whatever it was, something around that), but that was because the team was put together in a way for him to take over in isolations, drive to the rim and kick it out to multiple shooters.

If you took that LeBron James, and gave him a big man that takes up the paint, but is borderline all-star (or all-star), you really don't know if that team beats the Spurs, either...because LeBron would have had to rely more on his jumper, and that's why those teams in Cleveland (especially the later teams, that lost to Boston and Orlando) were actually constructed well around him. They just didn't have the players that could take over games in spurts, but the idea and the design fit LeBron perfectly.