Odom Back To The Clippers

Clippers eye Lamar Odom

The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in trade discussions to bring Lamar Odom back to the L.A. team that drafted him, according to sources close to the situation.

Yet the deal, sources said, could hinge on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Clippers veteran guard Mo Williams, which would allow the Dallas Mavericks to send Odom to the Clippers with no significant money coming back to the Mavericks.

With a Friday deadline looming for the Mavericks to buy out the final year of Odom's contract for $2.4 million, Dallas officials have green-lighted Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, to try to find a new home for Odom this week via trade. The Mavericks and Schwartz also have discussed pushing the deadline back into July if an Odom trade can't be struck before Friday.

Full Story

Mavericks in trade discussions to send Lamar Odom to Clippers

Lamar Odom may be on his way back to the Clippers, the team that drafted him in 1999, as L.A. and the Dallas Mavericks have engaged in trade talks around the versatile forward, ESPN.com Marc Stein reports.

Any deal, however, may depend on whether the Clippers can get a third team involved to take on the contract of guard Mo Williams, Stein reports, That would mean Dallas could trade away Odom without having to take on additional salary. Williams has maintained that he’ll exercise his $8.5 million option for next season, salary Dallas has no interest in taking on, since it plans to pursue Deron Williams or Steve Nash when free agency opens Sunday.

Source

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Tbh I'm going to love seeing Odom back in a clippers Jersey and I hope he gets the minutes.

this gives clippers tons of versatility in the front court but mo was such a big contributor off the bench. I view this as a side upgrade at best for the clips with the talent they already have up front. Nick young, Evans, and KMart had impressive showings in the post season. And you don't know what to expect with Odom right now.

With Odom back on a team that actually wants him to play for them is going to be huge for the Clippers.

Without having a draft pick worth a shit this year, Odom is pretty much their draft choice. He is going to play that key role at backup SF/PF for the Clippers that they need when Blake is sitting. HUGE pickup for the Clips.

Mo Williams > Lamar Odom at this point IMO. It all depends on how Odom approaches this season I guess. Mo is as solid a backup point/combo guard you'll find in this league, and I consider myself far from a fan of Mo Williams and his undeserving all-star appearance!

Odom's back with the Clippers, but what does it all mean?

Lamar Odom, one of the most likable but enigmatic figures in L.A. sports history, returns to team with which he began his NBA career. It could be great, it could go bad, or it could be just plain weird.

He's back and it's so cool, so weird, a TMZ headline reading: "Kris Jenner Did Not Negotiate Lamar Odom's Clipper Deal." He's one of the most likable athletes Los Angeles has come to know: talented but frustrating; charismatic yet disappointing; competitive and oh so deferential if not soft. His lifelong philosophy, he says, is to kill with kindness, and yet so often he seems to be wrapped in grief.

The hope is that things will always get better for Lamar, and here we go again. If he's on his game, and how often has that been repeated in this city, he just might be the missing championship piece. But how can anyone be excited about this Los Angeles homecoming without knowing first why he fell so flat in Dallas? Or, as I put it to him for old time's sake: "Did you just wimp out on everybody in Dallas?"

Read More