Suns will pursue Celtics' Ray Allen

The Regime

The Phoenix Suns have surfaced as serious contenders to sign Boston Celtics free agent Ray Allen, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ray Allen will become a free agent after spending the past five seasons with the Celtics. (Getty Images)Allen, 37, is willing to explore offers beyond Boston. The Suns – regardless of whether they re-sign free-agent point guard Steve Nash – interest Allen, sources said.

The Suns have significant salary-cap space, and could pay Allen more than the Miami Heat or New York Knicks. Suns president Lon Babby had been Allen’s agent for a significant part of his career until Babby started running Phoenix’s basketball operations two years ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--suns-will-pursue-celtics--ray-allen.html

If Nash doesn't stay which is very likely, I don't undertstand why Phoenix would have interest in signing Allen. The managment have made some very questionable decisions the past couple years including signing Frye to a huge contract, giving Childress WAY too much money, signing scrubs and letting go Amare because of all this stupid shit. I'll be beyond dissapointed if Nash stays in Phoenix.

No idea why either party would be interested. Its not like Phoenix will be contending until down the road and his career is winding down. Seems more like people are saying this because his ex agent is the President.

I'd be so down for this, don't see it happening obv but what a huge relief it would be to our fans to see him suit up for a likable team like Phx instead of Mia or ny.. still don't understand why I havent heard clippers or bills mentioned as suitors though