2012 Georgia Bulldogs

Cobb

Isaiah Crowell was arrested this morning on three weapons charges, two of which are felonies. Earlier this afternoon Mark Richt dismissed him from the team. Crazy to think that he was probably the most valuable recruit Mark Richt has landed at UGA, yet today he has to dismiss him. Quite sad to see young kids with so much talent get involved in things like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Appears as though Ken Malcome will be the starting running back to start the year, although the official announcement won't be made until the night before the season opener against Buffalo. Hope he remains motivated not to have another freshman steal his playing time like Isaiah Crowell did last year.

Ken 'Boo' Malcome is a good friend of mine here at UGA, no bs. Him and Alec are ready for the season. I eat dinner with them about every night at ECV. Boo is ready but I think the two freshman are going to give him a run for his money. BTW GO DAWGS

• 2 weeks later...

Ken 'Boo' Malcome is a good friend of mine here at UGA, no bs. Him and Alec are ready for the season. I eat dinner with them about every night at ECV. Boo is ready but I think the two freshman are going to give him a run for his money. BTW GO DAWGS

Hope his hand is alright.

That Buffalo game was quite frustrating to watch man. Granted we were missing four of our best defensive players, there is no way Buffalo should've scored 23 points on us. Worst part is, there still isn't any word on when any of them will be coming back, making the game at Missouri next week even more tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts after last night's game:

1. Defense showed up early, unlike in the Florida Atlantic and Buffalo games.

2. Aaron Murray was sharp again. He finished 18-for-24 for 250 yards with 2 TD's.

3. It appears as though redshirt freshman Christian LeMay lost some ground in the QB race after Murray. He came on after walk-on Parker Welch did.

4. Todd Gurley has already exceeded Isaiah Crowell's touchdown total from last season (5). With 44 carries for 406 yards and six touchdowns, he's about halfway to Crowell's season rushing total (850) in just four games. For those who don't remember, Isaiah Crowell won SEC Freshman of the Year last season.

Did Georgia's defense show up or is vandy really worse than the teams Georgia played earlier?

Defense really showed up early and it was the key to the game. They forced punts on Vandy’s first five drives and another four down the stretch.

While Vanderbilt certainly isn't a good team by any means, I'm fairly confident they're better than Buffalo and Florida Atlantic. They've just been plagued by the QB controversy, which is quite unfortunate considering they just entered the heart of conference play.

You coming to the game this weekend Cobb?

Didn't plan on it. I am possibly attending the Ole Miss game as I have a buddy who goes there who is possibly coming over for it.

Speaking of home games, what a terrible home schedule we have. The game against Tennessee this weekend is probably the best true home game we have all season.

Not much to say this week as Georgia barely squeaked by Tennessee. Defense and special teams have a lot of work to do. Will leave this though:

http://i.imgur.com/aIR1U.jpg

The two combined for 294 yards and 5 touchdowns on 34 carries.

Michael Bennett out for the season with an ACL injury. Really feel bad for him as he was having a helluva season so far and led the team in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns. Luckily, WR is a position UGA is quite deep at. This should open the door for Malcolm Mitchell to play more, which has me excited as I enjoyed watching him last year.

http://i.imgur.com/bJ10R.jpg

Talk about a nightmare of a weekend for Aaron Murray. From his worst game of the season in 35-7 loss to South Carolina, to coming home and finding his house egged and rolled with toilet paper, and then finding out that his father had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and was to undergo surgery today.

Probably the worst 12 hours of my life but I know my family will push through. Keep my dad in your prayers please

— Aaron Murray (@aaronmurray11) October 7, 2012

Some people really take the game too seriously and no one deserves what has happened to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about a dissatisfying win against Kentucky as the problems continued on both special teams and defense. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if UGA hadn't recovered the onside kick with less than four minutes to play.

Pretty worried about going to Jacksonville and facing the Gators, especially since the running game was largely ineffective against Kentucky last week. It's also not even clear if Jarvis Jones will be able to play in this game.