Mo Williams Agrees To Trade To Jazz

ChosenOne

Mo Williams has decided to pick up his player option for the 12-13 season and accept a trade to the Jazz, according to a source.

The Jazz, Clippers and Mavericks had agreed upon a three-team trade to send Williams to Utah, Lamar Odom to Los Angeles with Dallas acquire cap savings.

https://twitter.com/KBergCBS

I wish they didn't get rid of Mo, but with Paul, Young, Billups, Foye and Bledsoe...he was certainly expendable. They got a 35-40MPG superstar PG, a veteran PG with championship experience that does essentially the same thing as Mo in Billups, a young and explosive SG in Young, and two very solid backups in Foye (who was tremendous last season) and Bledsoe. Mo was definitely the best of that group besides Paul, but they are not lacking in the PG or explosive scoring/undersized SG department.

What I don't understand is giving up someone who just came off a terrific season for a PF who just came off an unbelievably poor season; the worst of his career, in fact. And as we saw last year, if you have multiple perimeter players who do all the ballhandling/playmaking, then Odom become kinda useless offensively as he is not a great jumpshooter/post-up scorer. I think his versatility and rebounding can be valuable for LA, but he wasn't worth giving up Mo.

Instead, they should have traded Mo (and maybe a few other pieces) for an athletic SF with a decent 3pt shot and who posseses very solid defense. Or, a SG with similar qualities that isn't undersized like the rest of their backcourt roster. I think a swingman that fits in the offense, is a great defender, and can create his own shot when needed is EXACTLY what this team needs. Caron Butler, when he was younger and before the injuries would have been close to what they needed, but his best days are behind him. They could also use another true Center who is a good rebounder and PHYSICAL defender. Besides those two areas, all this team needs is anlother year of chemistry and another offseason for Griffin/Jordan/Young to improve individually.

Edited by Nitro

With the way Mo was playing last year, is rather have him over Chauncey

No way. I like Mo, but Chauncey is a guy you want on your team, especially in the playoffs. He is a game changer. I'll take the finals MVP anytime.

I would rather have Bledsoe than Mo as a backup because Bledsoe can change the pace of the game. We saw him come in during the Grizzlies series and ignite the team for a stretch. He's also younger and has more potential at his young age.

I hope Mo and the Jazz make the playoffs. I love Mo's play and his heart. He did great for LAC last season, and is a huge upgrade over Earl Watson in Utah. I don't know if he'll be coming off the bench or starting at shooting guard, but he'll be a big help, as they need shooting.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Hmm, are the Jazz switching back to this look.. again:

http://clippertalk.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/mw62812.jpg

Is it just me or that's like their 3rd straight season with a different set of uni colors/uni color change?

EDIT: Never mind, just they used an old photo of his rookie season.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'