Rockets Power Forward Logjam

I knew they were loaded at the 4, but I never realized just how bad it was.

Luis Scola

Terrence Jones

Royce White

Marcus Morris

Donatas Motiejunas

Patrick Patterson

Jon Leuer

That is 7 power forwards on the roster. :lol:

I guess you can make an argument that some of these guys could play the 3 (Jones, Morris, White) or the 5 (Motiejunas, Leuer) but at the end of the day these players natural position is the power forward spot.

So what exactly do the Rockets do with this cluster[expletive]? They are shopping Scola, but even if they move him that still leaves, at the very least, 3 power forwards and another 2 tweener forwards.

You forgot Jon Brockman though I'm sure well cut him soon enough. As far the rest of the PF's obviously I think we look to trade Scola and I think Marcus Morris won't be in the Rockets future plans either since there's not much room for him and I just don't see him getting much PT with all the talent we have a PF and SF. If that happens then Royce White well probably spend majority of the time at the 3 and assuming we don't get another Center other than Camby then Motiejunas will probably play some time at 5. So that would leave Patterson/Jones/Leuer as the main PF's that's the best I could sort things out.

Edited by htownborn

5 of them can play multiple positions. Morey said so in his press conference that the roster will "sort itself out" so more moves are likely on the way, meaning Scola is probably gone.