Rookie of the Year

The Regime

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, Davis is the obvious favorite.

I'm going to go Kidd-Gilchrist. He's going to do plenty of scoring on that Charlotte team (someone's gotta shoot/score, right?) and he's also going to play hard night in and night out. Also, the Bobcats will be better next year. They can't be worse. So that improvement will get him some attention.

Lots of unawares here,pepper thy angus for Motiejunas.

Jonas Valanciunas is getting snubbed more than Motiejunas. Valanciunas would have been the clear cut #2 overall pick had he waited and been drafted this year. I'd say he has a pretty good chance.

Davis is going to struggle offensively early in his career. He doesn't really have a niche offensively, and the Hornets don't have a true point who can get him the ball where he wants it, or spoon feed him on the pick and roll. Valanciunas has a chance to have a better rookie year statistically than Davis just due to having a competent pick and roll point guard.

I think Dion Waiters, Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal, Thomas Robinson all have a shot. They are on teams who aren't really going to have them on tight leashes, and will have a chance to take quite a few shots. I really think, statistically, the rookie of the year this year might be one of the worst in a while, which makes sense seeing as how people consider this a pretty weak class.

If I had to guess, I think I would take Beal. He is going to probably be the number 1 offensive option immediately, and plays with a really solid point who is getting better and better (well, hopefully).

And Davis may not be Hakeem like ESPN keeps shoving down our throats, but if you think he's going to "bust" already, well that's just stupid, unless you have outrageous expectations. When you have a guy who can be Tyson Chandler defensively, and not incompetent offensively (can already stick a 15 foot jumper), you have a legit piece on your team.

Jonas Valanciunas is getting snubbed more than Motiejunas. Valanciunas would have been the clear cut #2 overall pick had he waited and been drafted this year. I'd say he has a pretty good chance.

Valanciunas will be lucky to play 20 minutes a game given how frequently he fouls.

Raptor fans are going to be in for a rude awakening with Valanciunas next season. All of these people expecting him to come in, play 35 minutes a night and put up 15/10/2 or something (not saying you are one of these people) are going to be very, very disappointed when he plays 15 minutes a night and averages 6/5 with 4 fouls a game.

The poetential is there, but he is not going to be a guy who comes in and is able to significantly contribute right off the bat.

Tough one to decide, but I'm going with Thomas Robinson, who I think is the clear cut #2 best player in the draft. Rebounding almost always translates to the NBA, and having Cousins next to him alleviates any pressure or frustration he has to score in the paint. I think he averages around 10rpg this coming year.

Beal probably has the best chance, he has 2 great passers in the lineup (Wall, Nene), and two solid options on offense coming off the bench in Seraphin and Crawford. If he manages to score over 14ppg with an improved shooting efficiency, I think voters will look at him a little more because of the market he's in, and the fact that the team could make the playoffs. The potential drop off in Orlando and the dearth of quality shooting guards should highlight his performance and rank him behind Wade, Ellis and Joe Johnson as a top SG in the conference. He by far has the greatest opportunity to shine early on.

Don't discount Davis being able to get experience playing with the Team USA guys. If he makes that team he'll enter the season on a roll and having gone against the best in practice. That's a big advantage for him going into the season especially being able to soak in a ton of knowledge from the vets on that team.