Anthony Davis severely sprains ankle, will likely miss Olympics

• Owner
Anthony Davis, the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft last week, sprained his ankle working out with his new team, the New Orleans Hornets.

The injury, which was reported by Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnaroski, is expected to sideline the former Kentucky forward for one-to-two weeks and keep him from playing for Team USA in the Olympic Games in London. Davis, according to Nola.com, was injured Saturday in a workout at the Alario Center in New Orleans.

Davis’s father, Anthony Davis Sr., said he had not heard about an injury. “I have no idea,” Davis told Nola. ”I don't know anything about his ankle. I haven't heard anything.”

USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangels told Sports Illustrated that he was still getting information on the injury, which was initially reported to be “severely sprained.”

:rolleyes:

I'm starting to think players are just finding excuses to dodge the London Olympics this year.

other countries have even less depth of big men for the most part. that said, javale on an olympic team shouldn't happen but id watch every second. most freakish dude in the NBA possibly, but also the biggest bone head. not an olympian haha but my god I can just see all the teams watching him dunk, set feet and all feet from the basket.

What are the chances the team looks at Demarcus Cousins as a replacement?

Either him or McGee should play. I'm dead serious about JaVale too. Team USA needs at least one psycho on the team.

I'd like to see Al Jefferson get a chance to tryout. It will be an interesting dynamic for Durant and LeBron; experiences together like this will make future Finals between OKC and Miami even more entertaining.

Who would you start?

PG - CP3

SG - Kobe

SF - LeBron

PF - Durant

C - Love

is what I expect to see, but if I were the coach I'd start LeBron at Point Forward, Kobe at the 2-guard, Durant at SF, Love at PF and Chandler at C because I believe that lineup would be incredibly entertaining.

I'd like to see Al Jefferson get a chance to tryout. It will be an interesting dynamic for Durant and LeBron; experiences together like this will make future Finals between OKC and Miami even more entertaining.

Who would you start?

PG - CP3

SG - Kobe

SF - LeBron

PF - Durant

C - Love

is what I expect to see, but if I were the coach I'd start LeBron at Point Forward, Kobe at the 2-guard, Durant at SF, Love at PF and Chandler at C because I believe that lineup would be incredibly entertaining.

There's no point in having that line up on the floor, after you already have CP3-Kobe-Bron-Durant you have so an incredible amount of offense there is no reason to sacrifice the defense your losing from Chandler to Love.

Would be fun to watch thought...