Dwight getting his way?

Threatening to take the team to court if he isn't traded to Brooklyn? Now we're listening to offers? I feel like this is all done by Dwight to get his way. Nothing against the Brooklyn Nets but I personally don't want to see him traded there just because. I honestly have no problem sending him to LA at this point due to the fact that I think receiving Bynum, etc. would be beneficial to our team. I really don't know what Brooklyn would offer us.

• Owner

At this point, the fans are going to hate Dwight even more. I think he opted in to avoid that, but he's so indecisive, he's ruining any chance he has at keeping a clean name in Orlando.

He stated he didn't want to follow in Shaq's footsteps, and I think he meant that he didn't want to just up and leave the Magic when they were so close to winning it all (not what was assumed...that he just didn't want to go to LA), yet...it's almost like he doesn't care, anyway.

Thing with getting Bynum is do you take the risk on another immature star (use that word lightly) heading close to free agency? Obviously completely different situation as Bynum would get paid and removed from the shadow of Bryant but still risky.

• Owner

Thing with getting Bynum is do you take the risk on another immature star (use that word lightly) heading close to free agency? Obviously completely different situation as Bynum would get paid and removed from the shadow of Bryant but still risky.

Drew is just an idiot, thinking he should be a primary option and a cornerstone to a championship caliber team. He's going to find out just how wrong he is someday.

Now, whether or not that makes him a bit more humble...I can't say, and I won't speculate...but right now, his all-star numbers are far below his own expectations, and I feel he thinks he's more of a Shaq than just some "top center in the league."

As long as the Magic won't provide him with a legitimate superstar teammate (one that takes the ball out of his hands, or takes more shots than he does), I have a feeling he'll sign a big paycheck...at least one...before he considers exploring free agency, assuming he is traded to Orlando.

Most intrigued by what Houston has to offer. Truth is that every team is lowballing us right now. Dwight's obviously not gonna get his way and get a trade to the Nets. I hope that Hennigan knows what he's doing and hopefully does the best trade possible.

Right now, it looks like we're not gonna get even close to the value of Dwight. (I wasn't expecting us too.) But it's a lot worse than I thought.

Most intrigued by what Houston has to offer. Truth is that every team is lowballing us right now. Dwight's obviously not gonna get his way and get a trade to the Nets. I hope that Hennigan knows what he's doing and hopefully does the best trade possible.

Right now, it looks like we're not gonna get even close to the value of Dwight. (I wasn't expecting us too.) But it's a lot worse than I thought.

Chris Broussard reports Tuesday morning that the Nets and Magic are in talks to trade Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, which would give the Nets a Big Three of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Howard.

"Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks... and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017 ....move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson." Later, Broussard and Ken Berger reported other teams are still in the mix, but as Broussard noted, Nets offer is "not bad." He added that Deron Williams has told the Nets he's willing to sign for less if necessary.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/3/3134395/broussard-nets-try-for-big-three

I somehow already have him as my least favorite Net.

Three non all-stars and three bad picks for the third best player in the league.. that would be something

LeBron James = Nothing.

Chris Bosh = Nothing.

Carmelo Anthony = Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov and a first.

Chris Paul = Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and a first.

And it's for a guy coming off back surgery. I just want this to be over with, shit!

LeBron James = Nothing.

Chris Bosh = Nothing.

Carmelo Anthony = Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov and a first.

Chris Paul = Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and a first.

And it's for a guy coming off back surgery. I just want this to be over with, shit!

James and Bosh were free agents, and Felton went to the Nuggets too :)

The Magic aren't in a something or nothing position right now. They have a full year of Dwight Howard under contract, and could easily move this down to the trade deadline. I'm just saying that I don't blame them for not jumping all over that offer for a top 3 player.

James and Bosh were free agents, and Felton went to the Nuggets too :)

The Magic aren't in a something or nothing position right now. They have a full year of Dwight Howard under contract, and could easily move this down to the trade deadline. I'm just saying that I don't blame them for not jumping all over that offer for a top 3 player.

What I was showing was top ten players don't always get top talent back. Most of them too got what they wanted. Carmelo wanted New York, Bosh and Bron Miami and Paul wanted LA (maybe not Clippers).

Dwight give the Magic six playoff trips and is a retard and opting in allowing to even get one pick. I think this is a rookie mistake by the Orlando GM because Dwight knows a lot of NBA players and it's not the best on either sides but Dwight has the final say in 2013. I find it ridiculous that as a Net fan that we have to give up that much to someone we could have signed in the offseason. Pairing him up with Lopez and still keeping Brooks would have easily made us the favorites behind Miami but now it looks like if a deal goes through that we'd be top four or five in the East.

What I was showing was top ten players don't always get top talent back. Most of them too got what they wanted. Carmelo wanted New York, Bosh and Bron Miami and Paul wanted LA (maybe not Clippers).

I understand, but you used two free agents in the process lol.. they're irrelevant to the situation. All I know is that this new Magic GM seems like he's going to play it his way, not Dwight's.. and if it takes him to the trade deadline to get something he wants (or eventually settle), I think he will. Lakers will cave at some point, IMO.

I understand, but you used two free agents in the process lol.. they're irrelevant to the situation. All I know is that this new Magic GM seems like he's going to play it his way, not Dwight's.. and if it takes him to the trade deadline to get something he wants (or eventually settle), I think he will. Lakers will cave at some point, IMO.

How is it irrelevant? Top players who got nothing in return because they didn't even let them know. Dwight has said he wants Brooklyn which leaves limited options for him to begin with. If Dwight reiterates those demands again the cards are pretty much set.

How is it irrelevant? Top players who got nothing in return because they didn't even let them know. Dwight has said he wants Brooklyn which leaves limited options for him to begin with. If Dwight reiterates those demands again the cards are pretty much set.

A guy with 1 year left on his contract who has stated he will not return and wants a trade and a guy with 0 years left on his contract who has stated he is undecided on a return are not the same thing.. I am not sure how you think the two parallel, but.. lol

If Dwight says he wants Brooklyn, the GM will still work to field the very best offer he can between Brooklyn, teams who want to rent him for the year, and teams who want to sell him on their city moving forward.

A guy with 1 year left on his contract who has stated he will not return and wants a trade and a guy with 0 years left on his contract who has stated he is undecided on a return are not the same thing.. I am not sure how you think the two parallel, but.. lol

If Dwight says he wants Brooklyn, the GM will still work to field the very best offer he can between Brooklyn, teams who want to rent him for the year, and teams who want to sell him on their city moving forward.

If you believe Bosh and LeBron hadn't had that planned before hand then I think you are sadly mistaken. Just stating that sometimes you receive nothing which is why Orlando should be happy with what they get.

If you believe Bosh and LeBron hadn't had that planned before hand then I think you are sadly mistaken.

I don't know what you're relating this to.. we are talking about trading guys who state to the franchise they want to be moved with a year left on their deal, how is that relevant to two free agents? I really don't get the correlation.

Just stating that sometimes you receive nothing which is why Orlando should be happy with what they get.

This is a really awful way to look at things as a GM of a team, and I'm sure that isn't going to be the mindframe that Hennigan will approach this situation with. He will try to get the very best deal he can, from whatever team it is, and he'll drive up the price in the process of doing so.