Miami 2.0?

So if the Lakers now get Dwight Howard will they make them just as bad as Miami when it comes to all the flack the Heat get for top tier players being on the same team?

Think about it, if they are able to keep Gasol they will have Gasol, Kobe, Dwight, and Nash. All considered top tier players at their respective positions.

Thoughts?

Not if but when we get Dwight now. We have the best pieces to get Dwight now and now we probably won't be as bad as PR as the Heat because all those guys were FA's and collude with each other where to go. Were in this scenario Dwight 1st option was Brooklyn but that was taken away due to Nets trading for JJ, giving G Wall that horrible contract and of course they had to keep Deron Williams. And after all what Nash did in trying to bring that city a title it was only right for the franchise to owe Nash one and send him to a team where he has a great chance at winning a title. Two completely different situation with Lakers and Heat.

I wonder how Suns fans feel now. They are probably so butt hurt.

Also Raptors fans probably feel a bit hurt knowing that he didnt go home to play for his home.

from what I've seen, a lot of Suns fans never thought Nash was going to stay. I also think a lot of them are happy that Nash is on a team where he can win a ring.

I wonder how Suns fans feel now. They are probably so butt hurt.

Also Raptors fans probably feel a bit hurt knowing that he didnt go home to play for his home.

I'm not really mad that he didn't come play for his home country. I'm just more upset at the fact we're stuck with landry fields out of it... <_<

Not if but when we get Dwight now. We have the best pieces to get Dwight now and now we probably won't be as bad as PR as the Heat because all those guys were FA's and collude with each other where to go. Were in this scenario Dwight 1st option was Brooklyn but that was taken away due to Nets trading for JJ, giving G Wall that horrible contract and of course they had to keep Deron Williams. And after all what Nash did in trying to bring that city a title it was only right for the franchise to owe Nash one and send him to a team where he has a great chance at winning a title. Two completely different situation with Lakers and Heat.

Agreed. Pretty much they'll be the same in the sense of building a championship contender through free agency in one offseason, but with less hate because the players aren't coming with the same circumstances.

• Owner

Dwight may get criticized for it, but I doubt Nash will, because he has been at the tail end of his career for a while now, and he's 38-39 years old.

Kobe has five, all for LA, so there's no reason to hate him.

Bynum was drafted here, Gasol was traded without a request.

People just expected the younger guys (LeBron and Bosh, really) to not team with each other, since the three were in their primes and had a combined one championship (Wade's).

I get how Suns fans despise the Lakers and how there has always been a very intense rivalry ever since Nash came to Phoenix, I get it. I hated the Lakers too. But some fans are just overreacting, do they really think the Suns had a chance even if they kept Nash? Sure he went to our rival but who cares? The man deserves a ring just as much as any other player. Any other team he wouldve went to would have a little to no shot of winning it all. It'll take some time but I'm sure they'll get over it. I'm just waiting for the day Nash wins it all. I've waited too long...

• Owner

True but the whole Gasol trade was indeed shady you gotta agree.

Well, a lot of people thought that, but that's also because many thought Jerry West was still running the team in Memphis...and it wasn't him.

Also, despite what people believed, there were a few scouts who were thinking Marc Gasol was going to be a pretty good player. I really didn't think so, just because I didn't see much of him, but when I started reading that people were saying he was a defensive-minded version of his brother, I was intrigued.

I don't know where the post is anymore, but looking back, the Grizzlies made an incredible trade with what they did in regards to spending the extra cash they saved + getting Marc Gasol.

Let me put it this way: I think the biggest question mark was put on display when the Wolves traded Kevin Garnett to the Celtics. Kevin McHale picked up the phone and called long-time Boston teammate and great friend Danny Ainge, and he made that deal happen.

When TLN (LakersNation) was GetGarnett.com, how many non-Lakers fans believed that Garnett would end up in Los Angeles? I really didn't think so, and it was because of McHale.

• Owner

Gasol for Iggy, Bynum for Dwight. Call it an offseason.

Nash

Kobe

Iggy

?

Dwight

We would just need to sign a power forward though. Someone who can shoot.

Honestly, if that all happened, I wouldn't give a shit who our PF was, picking out of Ron Artest and Jordan Hill. We won five championships with Derek Fisher in our starting five.

Everyone here knows I hate the Lakers but it's different than the way the Heat did it. The Heat got together and talked about it all as Free Agents. The Lakers will have done by orchestrating trades, and other teams have allowed it to happen (MEM, PHX, and ORL)...So it's totally different than Miami's situation and LA deserves no flack.

It's just called great general managing decision making is what you can call it.

Gasol for Iggy, Bynum for Dwight. Call it an offseason.

Nash

Kobe

Iggy

?

Dwight

We would just need to sign a power forward though. Someone who can shoot.

LOL the 6ers wouldnt do that.

Gasol plays when he wants to and being on the 6ers my guess he is would not play up to his ability.

Collins loves Iggy too much to let him loose IMO.