Orlando @ Toronto

• 3 months later...

Has Jose been practicing his alleys? He has thrown 2 good ones already, too bad Demar couldn't finish that one.

Vince is playing really aggressive, seems like he is trying to force it and the call aren't going his way, being a real ball stopper on offense.

Really don't like Sonny Weems one bit, why is he trying to break down his defender? He is making Antoine Wright type of plays. Demar is actually doing a solid job on defense.

Bargnani and Jose are horrible on D right now as usual.

EDIT- This is the first time I have enjoyed Leo's commentating, watching him call out Jose has been quite enjoyable.

Edited by travesy3

Thought the game started at 1PM EST so I didn't wake up until 10AM Pacific time and missed the first quarter. There is also a BC Lions CFL playoff game on right now as well, so I will probably be switching back and forth all day long so I probably won't be too active in this thread today.

And Redick starts to torch the Raptors again. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Rasho soars in for the offensive rebound and put back. Air Rasho is on display in full effect tonight!

Amir Johnson has been unreal so far today. Definitely the best game that I have seen him play so far as a Raptors. He has been all over the place both offensively and defensively and just not giving up on any play. His energy off of the bench in this quarter is the reason why the Raptors are only 3 points down.

I've missed a majority of this game because I'm switching between this, ATL-NYG, PIT-KC, and BC-MTL

Being tied at the end of the 3rd looks like a good thing.

Edited by BasX

Calderon should be glued to the [expletive]ing bench. How the hell do you give Jason Williams an open look like that, considering that the guy can do nothing but shoot? Then you go and make a terrible play on offense that should've led to an easy two for Orlando if Redick didn't make a boneheaded decision.

I'm just sick and tired of Calderon. I wish that Calderon was that clip board that Triano destroyed earlier. At least Calderon. -_-

What do you know, another brick on a wide open jumper from Calderon. :rolleyes:

And now he just put up an airball. :lol:

• Owner

I recorded the last quarter of the game (watching football all day), and just saw how terrible Calderon was. It LOOKED as if he was doing well for a while, but watching the end, he's just an idiot. You're right Sean.

You guys need to deal him when you can, go sign a free agent point guard if you have to (no matter how bad he is) and move on with another player. Calderon just doesn't fit, and he gets to where he wants to win the game by himself, where he either has to make the biggest play of the game or take the game-clinching jumper...but, funny enough, he's nothing back on defense. Almost like he wants it to be close so he can win the game, LOL.

My ideal trade would be a Calderon for Kirk Hinrich swap. The Raptors will lose out offensively as Calderon is the better shooter and usually makes better decisions, but Hinrich's defense at the point guard position would be an absolute blessing for this team. Hinrich wouldn't even need to do much offensive as the Raptors could just have Turkoglu handle the ball more, which he should anyways, and let Hinrich be a spot up shooter more than a creator, which is a better role for him imo.

If there was one trade that I could make it would definitely be a Calderon/Bargnani for Hinrich/Noah swap. This trade would do wonders for the Raptors defensive and rebounding problems and would greatly increase the overall toughness of the team. Too bad this is a pretty unrealistic trade because I doubt that Colangelo would even consider trading Bargnani and probably even Calderon, while I don't see the Bulls giving up Noah.

I've been saying that I would love Hinrich as the starting point guard on the Raptors for the last year and a half now, but I am at the point where I would just trade Calderon for an expiring contract, sign some point guard in free agency (Brevin Knight or someone, not sure of who the free agent point guards are right now) and have Jack start.

Vince did shoot badly, but he has been the past couple of games, so I wouldn't say playing in Toronto is affecting him anymore.

Playing in Toronto has never affected him. He has almost always torched the Raptors ever since he was traded here. Just look at the game logs from Carter's trips back to Toronto since being traded:

2005-04-15: 39/9/4 on 58 FG%

2005-11-04: 20/7/6 on 53 FG%

2006-01-08: 42/10/3 on 51 FG%

2007-02-14: 17/6/10 on 33 FG%

2008-02-13: 15/3/7 on 33 FG%

2008-04-11: 21/6/2 on 60 FG%

2008-11-21: 39/9/6 on 61 FG%

2008-12-15: 20/10/5 on 33 FG%

Excluding today's game, his career averages against Toronto are: 26.6/7.5/5.4 on 48 FG%.

Playing in Toronto has never affected Carter. He has always thrived playing against his former team and not only has he put up great numbers against the Raptors, there have been numerous times that he took over the game in the final minutes to either win the game at the buzzer, or put the dagger in the Raptors.

Raptor fans should start to realize that Carter feeds off of the countless boos from them. He loves it, and you could see that in todays game when he was jawing with somebody in the crowd and then about 10 seconds later hit an incredibly tough shot then turned around and smiled the the crowd. The biggest knock on Carter is that he tends to play umotivated, so it is pretty retarded for the Raptors crowd to give him even more motivation when playing the Raptors because a motivated Carter is a scary player.