Ray Allen to join Heat

trutrojan8

Gotta get me an Allen jersey...I was on his dick when he was in Seattle, I actually dared to compare myself to him in one of my middle school basketball videos lol

Can't blame him for leaving, Danny Ainge's persistence to trade him the past 2-3 years, along with Rondo's attitude was just too much for him.

Knowing Boston fans, they're going to be hostile towards Ray, and will convince themselves that Ray essentially gave Pierce, KG, and Doc the middle finger and went to the enemy. But everyone knows Danny Ainge gave him the finger first.

To be honest though, he means more to Miami than he does Boston now anyway. His strengths are undoubtedly more emphasized in Miami because he's going to be relegated to what he does best- spot up. In Boston, he got the same looks, but his role on the team was more magnified, causing defenses to focus more on him. This was a great move for him, and as for Boston, I think a player like Jason Terry, and possibly OJ Mayo will have a greater impact.

• Owner

I had a gut feeling he would go to Miami...not surprised at all.

Nice, though...I can't stand Ray Allen, didn't like him in Seattle, Milwaukee, Boston, and now I won't like him in Miami.

I wonder if this means Mike Miller and James Jones are retiring, and how this will change Battier's minutes on the floor (at this point, I'm kind of wondering if I'd rather have Ray out there, since he lacks in the defensive apartment).

He's going to get a LOT of open threes, though. I'm used to seeing him drill threes on a contested catch-and-shoot off of a ton of screens, so I'm curious to see how well he can hit them with nobody around, spotting up and just sitting there waiting (because he's going to be wide open).

Lame, another sell out who I lost respect for...and this doesn't even compare to what Steve Nash did.

And my loss for respect of Ray Allen has nothing to do with LeBron. Just given the history of Cavs and Heat vs. Celtics, this is a sell out move.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Lame, another sell out who I lost respect for...and this doesn't even compare to what Steve Nash did.

And my loss for respect of Ray Allen has nothing to do with LeBron. Just given the history of Cavs and Heat vs. Celtics, this is a sell out move.

Lmao so he does what countless vets have done before and now its a problem? Yeah im sure it has nothing to do with him going to Miami.

• Like 1

The Celtics still stand in our way, along with possibly Brooklyn and Indiana. Chicago can also get by and then get Rose late in the season and cause some trouble. It is not as easy as everyone seems it will be.

The Celtics still stand in our way, along with possibly Brooklyn and Indiana. Chicago can also get by and then get Rose late in the season and cause some trouble. It is not as easy as everyone seems it will be.

Brooklyn and Indiana won't be doing anything next season. They'll advance to the semis at best. It's Boston/Miami all over again, with Miami having the advantage. We'll see about Chicago.

Lmao so he does what countless vets have done before and now its a problem? Yeah im sure it has nothing to do with him going to Miami.

It has to do with Ray Allen staying the course and sticking with what he signed up for. Unlike Nash, Ray Allen was on a team that was one win away from the NBA finals. KG resigned, so why did Ray Allen decide to be the one guy who gave up on the Celtics final run?

Celtics aren't at too big a loss, though, as Jason Terry will help just as much.

I bet if they didnt win it this year no one would give a rats ass