Cavs looking at Ilyasova, Fisher

Cleveland made its way onto a list of possible destinations for free agent point guard Derek Fisher, according to a New York Times story today.

Fisher would be a terrific fit in a young locker room and would be an ideal backup to Kyrie Irving, but let's not get carried away. The Cavaliers are still years away from legitimate contention and Fisher doesn't strike me as a guy searching for a rebuilding project.

Ersan Ilyasova remains intriguing because of his age (25), size (6-foot-10) and toughness. The Cavs have liked Ilyasova for a couple of years, it's just a matter of how much they're willing to spend.

They have struggled luring free agents here, but Ilyasova will likely go to the highest bidder. With $20 million in cap space, the Cavs certainly have the room to sign him. But how much is too much?

Full Article

I like the idea of getting a veteran point guard to help Kyrie. I also love Ilyasova because he could instantly be put into the starting lineup. However, I don't want us to overpay to get free agents.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest