Miami @ Orlando

alcstarheel

• 3 months later...

I haven't seen J-Will play since he's been on the Heat a couple years ago. It'll be nice to see him play again.

I like the way the Heat played against the Hornets offensively. Everyone seems to be finding their spots out there, especially the young guys in Chalmers and Beasley. Chalmers did an excellent job being a playmaker out there for the Heat, and Beasley has been scoring pretty well lately. I hope they carry this over to the game against the Magic.

Also, I'd like to see Arroyo take less shots and try to distribute the scoring more. It seems like whenever he's out there with the 2nd unit he has the ball in his hands too much. He plays well, though, and usually nails his shots, so it's hard to complain.

Amazing game.

Big choker by Williams at the end to top off what was a great game for him prior to the ending.

Great play from Beasley with the tip-dunk at the very end, and Haslem with the tip-in before that, and O'Neal before that... who was boxing out for Orlando? :lol:

Edited by Poe

• Owner

Surprised nobody was arguing about the ball being in the cylinder (it was short, by the way).

Good win by the Heat. Most exciting part, other than the very end, was Jermaine and Howard about to throw down. Jermaine was pissed after that elbow in his chest.

• Owner

What's the rule for that? I forget.

You can't touch it if it's in or above the cylinder.

Wade's shot was going to be an airball (or so it looked), so in a sense, it was almost like an alley-oop pass to Beasley. They showed those three camera angles, and I don't see how it could've hit the rim...and if it had a chance, it would've barely grazed the front of it, so it would've been good anyways.

Great game but I'm still not satisfied with what we're doing. We're standing around and watching Wade way too much on offense. He started of so slow and it really could've gotten ugly for us. Beasley is looking better since the OKC game but I'm still pissed with Chalmers. His defense is horrible. No excuse to let Jason Williams merk you tonight.

Also, the Jermaine/Dwight fight would've been awesome. Jermaine is crazy so it would've been sick.

Either way, a win is a win.

• Owner

Great game but I'm still not satisfied with what we're doing. We're standing around and watching Wade way too much on offense. He started of so slow and it really could've gotten ugly for us. Beasley is looking better since the OKC game but I'm still pissed with Chalmers. His defense is horrible. No excuse to let Jason Williams merk you tonight.

Also, the Jermaine/Dwight fight would've been awesome. Jermaine is crazy so it would've been sick.

Either way, a win is a win.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with Mario. He was a pretty good man defender last year, even when he was playing at Kansas...but this season, he's letting guys go, not recovering quick enough or closing out on shooters, and his help defense isn't that solid.

I think Beasley feels comfortable with his role on the team. Haslem is obviously fine with his, still contributing, so this season has been good to Beas (aside from the personal issue, of course, which turned out to be a good thing anyways).

But you're right about the team watching Wade. You just have to remember that D-Wade will always be in that situation as long as he's not claiming an all-star teammate, no matter how good the supporting cast. Wade's penetrations make for open shots, and everyone on that roster realizes it. That's the reason why you have James Jones, Quentin Richardson, Daequan Cook, and even Udonis Haslem (guys that can hit open jumpers). They just need to play off the ball much, much better.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-fF8AtJqwVA

That wasn't the last time Carter would do something like that.

No video of his bricking five of six shots before the game-winner, including the two pansy finger rolls and the backboard shatterer? And my goodness, that Dwyane Wade guy is kind of good.

It also bothers me knowing how nasty Beasley can be. He seems to dog it on the court A LOT. I know he has that sleepy demeanor to him but I feel like when he's out there he's just going through the motions and not being aggressive at all. He could've used a lot of the matchups tonight to his advantage.