J.R. Smith Contract

Wtf is it? 2.8 million or 28 million? 2.8 is obviously not enough. And 28 IMO is WAY too much.

J.R. Smith has agreed to sign a two-year, $2.8 million contract with the Knicks.

The second season is a player option.

"I have decided to re-sign with the Knicks. I just felt that, despite my other options, New York is the best situation for me," Smith said in a statement released to ESPNNewYork.com. "Coach (Mike) Woodson showed a lot of faith and trust in me last season, as did (Knicks owner) Mr. (James) Dolan and the organization.

"My teammates are great to play with and New York fans are the best. I can't wait to get started."

Smith is expected to be New York's starting shooting guard with Landry Fields all but certain to end up with the Raptors.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222199/JR_Smith_Agrees_To_Two_Year_$28M_Deal_With_Knicks#

Free agent J.R. Smith has agreed to return to the New York Knicks.

The veteran shooting guard will sign a two-year contract worth $2.8 million, two league sources told ESPNNewYork.com. The deal is guaranteed for the first season and contains a player option for the second season.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8146452/jr-smith-re-sign-new-york-knicks

Edited by ChosenOne

JR Smith is a dumbass

terrible contract

decisions like this will lead him to be bankrupt after retirement

knucklehead

boi u alright? lol

his contract is fine...like iman said he's gonna really cash in next season. especially after he puts up 15/5/3 this year.

You don't win with guys like JR Smith.

if u can win with rodman and metta world peice u can win with anyone

but back to his contract

his family should hunt down his agent, next year is no guarantee if he gets injured this will go down as the dumbest decision

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

You don't win with guys like JR Smith.

LOL. Why not? JR Smith plays hard, is an above average defensive player (long and athletic) and seems like a good teammate. I don't see what's wrong with him...

if u can win with rodman and metta world peice u can win with anyone

but back to his contract

his family should hunt down his agent, next year is no guarantee if he gets injured this will go down as the dumbest decision

Yea if you have the right coaches coaching them, then yes indeed you can.