Greg Oden says he wants to play this year

Warren2ThaG

http://ambasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/greg-oden-blazers-iconphotostwo243896-338-145x145.jpg

Unrestricted free agent Greg Oden, who was contemplating taking the entire year off, has decided he wants to play in the upcoming season.

Oden's history of knee problems has been well documented and it's unknown when he might be able to play again, or when a team might sign him. But now that his agent, Mike Conley, has let the world know Oden wants to play this season, it's possible teams might start contacting the big man.

----------

Honestly, it would make sense if MIA went after him. Hell, they had Eddy Curry on the roster and won a championship..I'd give Oden a vet mins deal if he would take it.

If he could give them a solid 15-20 MPG...snag a few boards, block a few shots, and finish down low...he could be their solution at center.

Edited by JYD

I would love that pick up if Miami did that! Dunno if theyll take the chance tho :/

Or if he'll except the vet min either..

For the right price, he's well worth the risk for a team like Miami. They would be that much better if he contributed anything, but if he could not contribute or remained injured, it would not destruct their franchise.

This reeks of "I'm broke" to me. If he was serious about coming back, and being an impact player (maybe not what was expected, but still a player who can contribute), he would be taking the entire year off to rehab, get into top shape.

Anyways, if I'm Oden, I try my ass off to get to the Suns.