Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

JYD

Anyone cop it? Or do people not [expletive] with Frank Ocean anymore cuz he likes men as well as women? Lol

It's pretty [expletive]ing good. I like it.

Edited by JYD

Awesome album. I'm pretty sure he's bi and not gay. He's still talking about girls in half of his songs lol.

O yeah true. Well, I meant that he is sexually attracted to men as well, so bi-sexual would be the correct term, my fault.

O yeah true. Well, I meant that he is sexually attracted to men as well, so bi-sexual would be the correct term, my fault.

One of my friends brought up an interesting point. He said that Frank is only came out to create some controversy to increase his album sales. I'm still not sure if I buy his theory but the timing was very odd.

One of my friends brought up an interesting point. He said that Frank is only came out to create some controversy to increase his album sales. I'm still not sure if I buy his theory but the timing was very odd.

Yeah, everyone has said that. Not sure I buy it either.

It doesn't really matter though. Not sure it increases or decreases album sales. I think a lot of people out there still won't buy the album anyway, and I'd say it's split on people going to buy the album who won't now because he's bi, or there's surely a percentage that will buy it because of the news. Either way, Idk how much of a difference it made.

He said he was going to put it in the album credits, that letter he wrote, but it wouldn't fit, which is why with all the rumors swirling a few weeks ago, he decides to just release the letter...

Not sure I buy that either.

But whatever, his music is good IMO, and definitely a nice change of pace as far as what I usually listen to.

That's what lil B did with his album called "I'm Gay" lol

R.A. the Rugged Man ‏@RAtheRuggedMan

Frankie Ocean coming out the closet is a silly pre-planned marketing strategy contrived by his publicity team to sell records. Who Cares?

R.A. the Rugged Man ‏@RAtheRuggedMan

People sayin Frankie Ocean's Bi-Sexual announcement isnt a PR stunt. You're RIGHT, Its just a total Coincidence his album drops 1 week later

Overall it's a really solid album. My favorite song is Super Rich Kids ft Earl.

Also, I wouldn't put it past anyone in Odd Future to do little things like "my first love was a man" to get some hype going a week before an album drops. They're a bunch of kids doing what they love not caring what anyone else really thinks. Don't know if Frank did it for the hype/controversy but I can guarantee more people were talking about Channel Orange and Frank Ocean than ever before.