Has anyone seen Eric Griffin?

• Owner

I sort of, kind of, knew about this kid (yes, he's a kid to me now)...but I didn't really see much of him at all. He did play over at Garden City CC, which is in Kansas, and I saw him in a couple of games (one against our rival), but back then, he was just a freak athlete, didn't take many shots.

Then, I watched this video of him, and he looks like a slightly-shorter Kevin Durant, with a bit more athleticism.

This dude not only dunks like he's Larry Nance, but he shoots like Durant. I know it's not in-game or anything, but damn...I didn't expect him to hit those jumpers that easily, and the stroke is nice.

Here's his story:

I guess he didn't make the HS basketball team until his senior year (oh shit...we heard this about MJ, also, lol), and he went FAR under the radar because of that, the junior college he played at (Garden City isn't a big deal, especially compared to Coffeyville, Butler CC, and Hutchinson), and Campbell U.

Of course, when I say he looks like Durant, I'm not saying he's that good. In a way, he shoots like him, dunks like him...just reminds me of KD, in a way.

With little basketball under his belt (experience-wise), could this guy be one of those players that continues to develop into a decent undrafted pro in the future?

• Like 1