Knicks Decide Not To Match Jeremy Lin's Offer Sheet

The Knicks have decided not to match Jeremy Lin's offer sheet with the Rockets, according to a report.

Lin signed a three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet with the Rockets that includes a balloon payment of $14.9 million in the third season.

The most the Knicks could offer Lin was $16.13 million on a three-year deal, and $28.75 million over five years.

Lin was forced to establish his own market and initially agreed to a three-year, $19.5 million deal with the Rockets that included a third year of $9.3 million. New York was prepared to match that offer sheet and the Rockets subsequently increased their offer to the contract he eventually signed.

The Knicks' front office has seemed intent on not matching Lin's offer sheet in recently days, but the final decision would be made by owner James Dolan.

After all the years of grossly overpaying for stars

Marbury

Allan Houston

Zach Randolph

Amare

Melo

Jerome James

Eddy Curry

Jamal Crawford

....they are going to pass on the one player actually worth overpaying for (in terms of merchandise/marketing).

Knicks :lol:

Edited by Finch23

Marbury

Allan Houston

Zach Randolph

Amare

Melo

Jerome James

Eddy Curry

Jamal Crawford

....they are going to pass on the one player actually worth overpaying for (in terms of merchandise/marketing).

15-10 in Lin starts

12-5 after he got hurt

#irreplaceable

Marbury

Allan Houston

Zach Randolph

Amare

Melo

Jerome James

Eddy Curry

Jamal Crawford

Marbury was worth every penny

he gave his soul and passion every play

D'Antonio just made him look crooked

Marbury

Allan Houston

Zach Randolph

Amare

Melo

Jerome James

Eddy Curry

Jamal Crawford

Marbury was worth every penny

he gave his soul and passion every play

D'Antonio just made him look crooked

15-10 in Lin starts

12-5 after he got hurt

#irreplaceable

If it wasn't for him, Knicks wouldn't have made the playoffs. Before Lin arrived, the Knicks were on the verge of becoming a big humiliation. His play gave life to the team.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

A healthy Carmelo Anthony.

And a commitment to defense with Shump and Chandler.

Exactly. And a coach with a gameplan. And JR Smith on the roster. Lots of pieces in motion. Jeremy Lin is not irreplaceable, and we got two pretty damn good PGs in his stead.

Exactly. And a coach with a gameplan. And JR Smith on the roster. Lots of pieces in motion. Jeremy Lin is not irreplaceable, and we got two pretty damn good PGs in his stead.

I agree. Lin IS replaceable. But I just think you're lying to me if you're trying to tell me you rather not have a starting lineup with Lin instead of Kidd or Felton. Although he isn't a great fit with Carmelo/Woodson, Lin is definitely better at this stage of their careers.

Edited by JYD

My point is that they were 8-15, and if it was't for Lin, they wouldn't have been in the position to be able to play for the playoffs. The way things were going at that point, it looked like New York was headed towards a big slump, but Lin dug them out of that terrible start. If not for that, the Knicks may not have made the playoffs.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

My point is that they were 8-15, and if it was't for Lin, they wouldn't have been in the position to be able to play for the playoffs. The way things were going at that point, it looked like New York was headed towards a big slump, but Lin dug them out of that terrible start. If not for that, the Knicks may not have made the playoffs.

Yeah, I think ultimately it was worth bringing Lin back. For a few reasons, but mainly just because he was so fun to watch and I think he's better than what we have now... although I am a die hard Knicks fan and will be forever, as a fan, I really don't give a [expletive] about three years from now or about the luxery tax. I really don't. Dolan has so much money, part of me says, [expletive] it, he can pay it.

Part of me agrees with iMan though. How good will he be? It is a ton of money committed to him, and it does handcuff us in the future. He also really doesn't fit with Woodson's gameplan, or Carmelo Anthony...He also is a defensive liability, and did look rocky against the better teams after the Linsanity stretch.

It's the wrong move IMO, but it's Dolan, I'm not surprised...

Ah. I agree. I really would've liked to see Lin back.

I am actually really surprised he's not back. When I read "they'll match any offer up to one billion dollars for Lin" last week on ESPN, I thought for sure even when the contract was restructured, he would definitely be back.

Meh, that's debatable. Knicks fans said similar things when they got Bibby and Davis last year... we all know how that turned out

Meh, that's debatable. Knicks fans said similar things when they got Bibby and Davis last year... we all know how that turned out

Yup. Definitely agree with that. Mike Bibby was a [expletive]ing joke, Baron Davis was obviously reallly hurt, but he did play and rehab hard to try and give us something, so much respect to BDiddy for that.

Kidd, Felton and Prigoni are definitely better than Davis, Bibby, Toney Douglas going into this next season for several reasons.

For one, they will have a training camp to work together and gel with the team. The other three guys did not. Secondly, Davis only played like half the season (if that?), with no training camp and not playing for like a year before that, he was pretty bad. He never found his shot, and just looked rusty as hell as well as being badly hobbled with the back injury.

But, like you said, it's no sure thing we will get much out of Felton and Kidd. Or this Prigoni guy for that matter.

It'll be interesting.

I can't wait lol.

Yeah I'm not saying they will be anywhere as bad as the PGs last year. But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they were either. It's a toss up until we see them on the court.

Lin would have been a much more solid option at PG for the Knicks imo. Regardless of his deficiencies, he is very talented. I can't say the same for Felton lol

Yeah I'm not saying they will be anywhere as bad as the PGs last year. But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they were either. It's a toss up until we see them on the court.

Lin would have been a much more solid option at PG for the Knicks imo. Regardless of his deficiencies, he is very talented. I can't say the same for Felton lol

Felton is talented. It's what kind of shape will he be in when October rolls around. If he is the Felton of two years ago, he's going to be just as good as Lin IMO. But that's a huge risk...he may be a flat out bum, too.

Kidd, I honestly have NO CLUE what to expect...I didn't watch ANY of him last year. I think he could be what the Knicks need at PG/SG though (get guys to the right spots, limit turnovers, control tempo, solid defense)...

I'd have rather missed the playoffs. Give Houston a better pick to go with Lin.

I agree. Lin IS replaceable. But I just think you're lying to me if you're trying to tell me you rather not have a starting lineup with Lin instead of Kidd or Felton. Although he isn't a great fit with Carmelo/Woodson, Lin is definitely better at this stage of their careers.

Lin the player? Sure. I'd have loved to have him on the team.

We were going to match the contract. He found out, went back and renegotiated a higher contract, "knowing" we'd match it. Dolan got pissed and called his bluff.

In the end, he cost more than he deserved, would have been cap hell, tried to play the team, and is marginally better than Raymond Felton. Made the right decision.

I live in NJ... I know more Knick fans than just you guys lol

Knicks fans said that.

How could anyone say that who watched him on the Heat the year previously? Who watched him since his Kings days? You didn't talk to Knicks fans, you talked to retards :lol:

• Like 1

and we got two pretty damn good PGs in his stead.

Based on what though?

Sure, Felton played well in his time with the Knicks, but Kidd hasn't really played a traditional PG role in a while (which explains why Felton will start over him). Really, it's Felton or bust in New York, and that's not exactly the best situation to be in. Can we really expect the offense to be run the way Lin ran it? Kidd can't penetrate the lanes anymore and Felton's turnover rates (especially in the fourth quarter) were atrocious. The Knicks offense was predicated on Chandler pick and rolls, and drawing the defense in to kick it out to shooters like Novak, I don't see it being as effective now with Lin out of the mix.

Is Lin replaceable? Obviously. But did the Knicks do enough this offseason to replace him? No. I think they made a mistake not matching the Rockets offer.

How could anyone say that who watched him on the Heat the year previously? Who watched him since his Kings days? You didn't talk to Knicks fans, you talked to retards :lol:

Same difference. lmao, jk... not really

Anyway, I guess this leaves room for all of the CP3 to NYK rumors.