Life After Death?

To the italicized text - if scientists found ANYTHING wrong with their theory of gravity, they would change it. If you think a 21 year old college student with no degree in science knows more than the guys in lab coats physically testing out their findings, then maybe you should contact a local university near you! However, this is obviously not true. You stopped reading when the material became unfamiliar. I'm not insulting your intelligence when i say this, but maybe the reason you don't understand "basic" concepts is because their full definition requires higher levels of thinking. I don't understand the string theory either, like I said this isn't meant to insult you.

Your next paragraph though makes me laugh.. but do you believe ancient civilizations like the Mayans are right about time ending in 2012?

I do understand the string theory and I've just told you a fact. We have no technology to see an atom which is a million times or more smaller then anything. But how the hell could we be sure there is something even smaller then a atom. Some of this stuff is just oh let me think of something new to pull out my ass so I can get paid. Get real man understand what I'm telling you.

And no Mayans never said the world is going to end in Dec 21, 2012. It's a new start that is what they were going at. And it's the end of this cycle not life will end, that is the dumbass media just told everyone so they can scare them, get serious man some of the shit you hear you totally take it the wrong way.

I do understand the string theory and I've just told you a fact. We have no technology to see an atom which is a million times or more smaller then anything. But how the hell could we be sure there is something even smaller then a atom. Some of this stuff is just oh let me think of something new to pull out my ass so I can get paid. Get real man understand what I'm telling you.

And no Mayans never said the world is going to end in Dec 21, 2012. It's a new start that is what they were going at. And it's the end of this cycle not life will end, that is the dumbass media just told everyone so they can scare them, get serious man some of the shit you hear you totally take it the wrong way.

read my last post man. I said something about time ending with the Mayans, I know they're not predicting the end of the world.

if you can't explain your stance in your own thread, you shouldn't have even started it.

Calm down, I can explain my stance when necessary.

Like I said, this topic is about 'Life After Death'. I'm talking about some other form of life that's not necessarily in a human body. And not necessarily the way we know it on Earth. Nothing to do with God, religion e t.c. NOTHING. I want facts too. And I certainly appreciate something more than just ideas and theories. So, I'm explaining my stance:

There was this research proving that when someone dies the body's weight is always a bit lighter. And it's always the same weight. I forgot how much it was exactly. I think it was 21 grams or so. Now suppose it's 21, it's not the exact amount that matters here, it's the idea. So how come when everyone dies their body weight gets exactly 21(?) grams lighter? A coincindence? I don't think so. My point is, it's believed that 's the soul's weight. And since the soul leaves the body, it's obviously goes somewhere... Now that's what makes me think there is something more than just nothing when we die. And that's what this topic is about. Where to?

And what does this have to do with religion? Jenneral? tt8? Any suggestions? I've got one -- NOTHING.

EDIT:

Here's one of the first 'Weight of a human soul'-related links I found when I googled it:

http://kottke.org/09/09/the-weight-of-a-human-soul

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

^That "study" was in 1907 man. In 105 years since then, anatomists, physiologists, and other scientists who study the body have never found any evidence of the human body possessing a soul.

And wether you believe in an afterlife or not goes hand in hand with your personal beliefs with religion. You're not going to find an atheist who believes in heaven.

(..)And wether you believe in an afterlife or not goes hand in hand with your personal beliefs with religion. You're not going to find an atheist who believes in heaven.

I'm not talking about 'heaven', 'hell' e t.c. Sorry but I can't agree that a belief in an afterlife HAS to go hand in hand with a religion. You can associate both, you can mix both if you want to, but that's IF you want to. I mean it's not like you HAVE to link both.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'
  • Like 1

I'm not talking about 'heaven', 'hell' e t.c. Sorry but I can't agree that a belief in an afterlife HAS to go hand in hand with a religion. You can associate both, you can mix both if you want to, but that's IF you want to. I mean it's not like you HAVE to link both.

You're right I was just generalizing most people on this site. Most people will correlate the two subjects, but they don't have to be connected.

You're right I was just generalizing most people on this site. Most people will correlate the two subjects, but they don't have to be connected.

It's what I'm trying to say - while most people tend to link the two, they actually don't necessarily need to be connected.

Calm down, I can explain my stance when necessary.

Like I said, this topic is about 'Life After Death'. I'm talking about some other form of life that's not necessarily in a human body. And not necessarily the way we know it on Earth. Nothing to do with God, religion e t.c. NOTHING. I want facts too. And I certainly appreciate something more than just ideas and theories. So, I'm explaining my stance:

There was this research proving that when someone dies the body's weight is always a bit lighter. And it's always the same weight. I forgot how much it was exactly. I think it was 21 grams or so. Now suppose it's 21, it's not the exact amount that matters here, it's the idea. So how come when everyone dies their body weight gets exactly 21(?) grams lighter? A coincindence? I don't think so. My point is, it's believed that 's the soul's weight. And since the soul leaves the body, it's obviously goes somewhere... Now that's what makes me think there is something more than just nothing when we die. And that's what this topic is about. Where to?

And what does this have to do with religion? Jenneral? tt8? Any suggestions? I've got one -- NOTHING.

EDIT:

Here's one of the first 'Weight of a human soul'-related links I found when I googled it:

http://kottke.org/09/09/the-weight-of-a-human-soul

Very interesting long time ago I've hear something like this when I started studying ancient civilization cultures. This def. fits in to that "small pieces of the universe" and I totally understand when you say this has nothing to do with religion. Because this is something older then religion.

And also TT8, yeah this study was done in 1907, but why would they talk about this now? What gives the reason to talk about this? You get upset and others when I talk about 9/11 or other crap, so how are you suppose to get this? And you see how you question this? Well that is the same way I was doing with science, not doubting it just questioning it. But I'm not sure if you are doubting this.

Very interesting long time ago I've hear something like this when I started studying ancient civilization cultures. This def. fits in to that "small pieces of the universe" and I totally understand when you say this has nothing to do with religion. Because this is something older then religion.

And also TT8, yeah this study was done in 1907, but why would they talk about this now? What gives the reason to talk about this? You get upset and others when I talk about 9/11 or other crap, so how are you suppose to get this? And you see how you question this? Well that is the same way I was doing with science, not doubting it just questioning it. But I'm not sure if you are doubting this.

You're not questioning gravity, you're giving credit to a creator. I'm not sure what you're talking about the 9/11 thing. This finding isn't a scientific breakthrough, I'm sure it can be explained without just calling it a soul because in 1907 he didn't know what he was talking about (exactly like religion, but replace the 1907 with 2000 years ago)