Boston @ Miami

alcstarheel

• 3 months later...

Great second half defensive performance for the Heat today. If the Heat play defense like that all year, they will be one of the top teams in the league for sure.

Big time misses from JO at the FT line today. If he would have made those, the Heat could have built enough momentum to win this one.

I've talked about this alot, but Dorell really needs minutes. QR and JJ did not play well at all, and neither did Daequan (who has played terrible all year). Seriously, 3 rotation guys sucking out there, at least give Dorell another try.

JO missed both free throws....BOTH? Also surprised that D-Wade didn't really take it to the basket in the clutch moments.

He looked like Shaq out there.

Anyways, Perkins and KG were dominating tonight.

Wade needs some help.

Also surprised that D-Wade didn't really take it to the basket in the clutch moments.

I'm not. He's trying way too hard to get his jumper going rather than attacking the basket like he should in those moments. Its been that way all year though and its hurt the team.

I've talked about this alot, but Dorell really needs minutes. QR and JJ did not play well at all, and neither did Daequan (who has played terrible all year). Seriously, 3 rotation guys sucking out there, at least give Dorell another try.

Agree 110%. He needs minutes and he needs them now. Its time to sit one of Q or James and let Dorrell step in for them. His defense is worlds ahead of the other 2.

Daequan is still getting back into things after his injury. He's going to take some time getting back into his rhythm.

Michael Beasley was amazing tonight. I was very impressed with him and I thought he needed the ball down the stretch moreso than Wade.

• Owner

The problem is that Wade is trying to work Jermaine like he did Shaq in 2006, and that's not going to happen. Jermaine isn't going to command that much attention in the post, so he's going to need to work the two-man with Beasley (even though Beasley is no Shaq as well, but he's a threat from more spots on the floor).

I'm not. He's trying way too hard to get his jumper going rather than attacking the basket like he should in those moments. Its been that way all year though and its hurt the team.

I agree a lot on this. Most of his career D-Wade has been a pure slasher with a developing jumper. Now with Wade's improved jumper, it looks like he trying to establish an outside-in game, which has actually been hurting the team in so many different ways.

First off, he isn't shooting a high percentage from the 3 point arc, despite attempting about 4 threes per game. Second, taking jumpers isn't going to open anything up for his teammates. It's Wade's slashing game that draws the defense in, and where Wade kicks out to the open man. Shooting threes isn't going to draw double teams.

BTW, Wade did actually play very well in the first half. I felt he was playing the true D-Wade style, attacking the basket, moving very well without the ball, and scoring within the flow of the offense. The 2nd half he was back to settling for jumpers.

Daequan is still getting back into things after his injury. He's going to take some time getting back into his rhythm.

Michael Beasley was amazing tonight. I was very impressed with him and I thought he needed the ball down the stretch moreso than Wade.

- I understand his shoulder injury, but what's bothering me more than his shooting percentage is his shot selection. First off, knowing he has a shoulder injury that could slow down his rythm, he should be more wary of when to shoot. Instead, he seems to shoot whenever he feels like it... just like he always has, really. He can get streaky and sink some of those shots, but overall he has never shot a high percentage. For his career he's shot only 37% overall, and that percentage is getting steadily worse each year. His 3 point percentage isn't exactly spectacular, either, shooting 36% for his career.

- Beasley was very impressive tonight. It's a side of him I've never seen before. In the 4th quarter he just had a completely different look about him. He seemed almost exhausted (probably from playing so hard), yet so focused.. I hope we'll start see this side from him more often. It looks like he's beginning to rise to his expectations as that 2nd overall pick.