17-year-old sexual assault victim could face charges for tweeting names of attackers

A Kentucky girl who was sexually assaulted could face contempt of court charges after she tweeted the names of her juvenile attackers.

Savannah Dietrich, the 17-year-old victim, was frustrated by a plea deal reached late last month by the two boys who assaulted her, and took to Twitter to expose them--violating a court order to keep their names confidential.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/savannah-dietrich-twitter-sexual-assault-louisville-174732753.html

Wow this is outrageous... you just have to read the article.

justice system is so [expletive]ed you can get off anything these days...

last night i was at my gfs house and we were talking about how this husband killed his ex wife and got off pretty much free. the story is that his wife broke up with him while he was away on business, he was always away due to work and she could handle it anymore and so she broke up with him over the phone. so he finally returns home after 6 months, walks in on her wife and another man having sex, and long story short he ended up killing her. (i cant remember the terms but..) he pleaded guilty to manslaughter and a few other things. his defense was that saying your wife who he is still love with seeing her with another man made him loose all control and snap. some traumatic experience and a few other bullshit claims... anyway the guy didnt go to jail, all he had to do were go to few classes of control or some bs..

She wants us to pity her but at the same time she broke the law pretty clearly. You can't go and blatantly mock a court order and then bitch about the consequences.

that's what i was thinking lol

Outrageous?

She violated a court order. Those kids could have pleaded not-guilty and gotten off on the charges possibly, yet took the plea-bargain in order to not take that risk, and not have their names released.

This was also a sexual assault charge, and not a rape charge, so who knows what actually happened? There's a chance that she was drunk, regretted her decisions, and says she was assaulted. I know there are pictures of the assault, but many people keep saying the kids raped her, which is not what they were charged for.

Outrageous?

She violated a court order. Those kids could have pleaded not-guilty and gotten off on the charges possibly, yet took the plea-bargain in order to not take that risk, and not have their names released.

This was also a sexual assault charge, and not a rape charge, so who knows what actually happened? There's a chance that she was drunk, regretted her decisions, and says she was assaulted. I know there are pictures of the assault, but many people keep saying the kids raped her, which is not what they were charged for.

I'm pretty sure the kids who sexually assaulted her didn't even get any jail time, and they're trying to give the girl who got assaulted 6 months for letting the world know who these sick kids are.

That's what's outrageous about it

I'm pretty sure the kids who sexually assaulted her didn't even get any jail time, and they're trying to give the girl who got assaulted 6 months for letting the world know who these sick kids are.

That's what's outrageous about it

Those kids could have had a chance at trial to plead not-guilty and have their names cleared. However, they decided to take a plea-deal because the risk is too high in many rape cases, and did that thinking that their names would not be released. She violated a clear court order.

Those kids could have had a chance at trial to plead not-guilty and have their names cleared. However, they decided to take a plea-deal because the risk is too high in many rape cases, and did that thinking that their names would not be released. She violated a clear court order.

Either way the kids don't deserve to have their names hidden for the act they committed. Everyone should know what they did.

Either way the kids don't deserve to have their names hidden for the act they committed. Everyone should know what they did.

if it was so obvious that they did this, then the girl's lawyer would have never arranged a plea bargain like this lmao

If they didn't do it, they wouldn't have pleaded guilty lmao

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7986979/redemption-brian-banks

I'm not saying that all rape cases are garbage and complete lies, but when there's a rape case in court, I think the men (assuming they are the accused) do not often feel good about their chances. They probably feel that if they plead not-guilty, they may get 25+ years even if they are innocent, whereas if they take a plea-deal, they'll give up some of their life, but will know that they will get out of jail eventually, unless they mess up.

Rape cases often consist of her word versus his word, and men seem to get the short end of the stick often times.

Edited by EastCoastNiner
  • Like 1

If they didn't do it, they wouldn't have pleaded guilty lmao

not true. with a plea bargain like this, it is probably best to plead guilty since as ecn said, its her story against theirs