Soccer at the 2012 Summer Olympics

Cobb

Talk about everything going your way.

Score a goal that deflects off the Canadian defender.

Get an absolute gift handed to them from the refs to tie it.

Score with 30 seconds left in OT.

Oh well.

I can't imagine what Sinclair must've been feeling at the end of the game, though. She plays the game of her life and absolutely dominates, yet comes up short on the scoreboard after some very unfortunate events.

Talk about everything going your way.

Score a goal that deflects off the Canadian defender.

Get an absolute gift handed to them from the refs to tie it.

Score with 30 seconds left in OT.

Oh well.

I can't imagine what Sinclair must've been feeling at the end of the game, though. She plays the game of her life and absolutely dominates, yet comes up short on the scoreboard after some very unfortunate events.

I assume your referring to the foul on McLeod for a six-second violation right?

or the hand ball. either is a blatant rule violation

Yes, but typically a warning is given for time wasting and in this situation it appears one wasn't. Regardless of the warning, how often is that call made? Never. I know I haven't seen it called before.

As for the handball, yes, that warranted a penalty.

Keep your heads up though Canadian fans. A performance like this cannot be forgotten only because it came in a loss.

or the hand ball. either is a blatant rule violation

And how many times have you seen that call made before?

If you answer anything other than 1 (today's call) I'm calling bullshit.

The hand ball was the right call, although it is hard to swallow considering the circumstances that led to it. Still, I've got no problem with that call.

I'm not making excuses or anything like that. It was an observation on my part.

At the end of the day the game was still tied and Canada still had a chance to win it in OT. The Americans were clearly the better team in the OT and it showed by how much the dominated ball possession. The Canadian team was absolutely gassed and the Americans, being the superior team, took advantage and deserve the win.

Lmao.

And how many times have you seen that call made before?

If you answer anything other than 1 (today's call) I'm calling bullshit.

The hand ball was the right call, although it is hard to swallow considering the circumstances that led to it. Still, I've got no problem with that call.

PS: I'm not making excuses or anything like that. It was an observation on my part.

At the end of the day the game was still tied and Canada still had a chance to win it in OT. The Americans were clearly the better team in the OT and it showed by how much the dominated ball possession. The Canadian team was absolutely gassed and the Americans, being the superior team, took advantage and deserve the win.

how often do you see the 5 second inbound called or the 8 second backcourt called?

Are you seriously trying to compare the that to a 5 second or 8 second call in basketball?

lol

its equivalent in the fact they are never called. you can't argue that it was a bad call despite how infrequently if ever the rule is ever called.

btw, just a bit curious why you aren't arguing about all of the times alex morgan got fouled in the penalty box throughout the match. she could have easily taken 10 penalty kicks during the match.

fwiw, the assistant referee did warn McLeod at halftime to knock it off, knowing she was purposely milking the clock at times during the first half.