Mavs Re-Sign West

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

West has always said he wanted to be back with Mavs and I'm told he'll formally sign new deal Wednesday. Story going online as we speak

I love West's game when he has his head on straight. I think he is basically everything you want from a combo guard role player. Can shoot the ball, is good at getting in the paint, is a good defensive player, can handle the rock , play a little point and is fearless out there. I just really like his game and think this is a very good move to bring him back.

• 3 months later...

Mavs cuting West and sign Eddy Curry. West had recently been suspended for the 2nd time this preseason for "conduct detrimental", he blamed it on teammates.

The Mavericks have landed center Curry off waivers and will now look to waive or trade Delonte West, who is suspended from the team again.

Chris Kaman (calf) is iffy for the opener and Dirk Nowitzki is out (knee surgery), so the Mavs could use another big man. West has worn out his welcome in Dallas and is about to be cut, and it really doesn't matter who Curry signs with - he'll have no fantasy value.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/187303/basketball-headlines?r=1

Delonte twitter meltdown regarding the suspension:

@CharleeRedz13

I'm gonna just pray for um!!!...perception is not reality!!!..real is real...in any language,culture...and what's wrong is what's wrong!!

@CharleeRedz13

All my family friends fans...who been right der wit me this uphill battle over the last 4years to get to this point....already know

@CharleeRedz13

That my name showin up in any fashion in a negative light is the worst thing that can happen.everything Ived worked towards out d window

@CharleeRedz13

Just ask u to talk with me....I'm a grown man...that's not above logic and reason...Before u go to the papers wit false information.

@CharleeRedz13

If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my ass on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that...

@CharleeRedz13

I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives..

@CharleeRedz13

And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes

Man.. he could have been good for us if he wasnt an idiot.

Story of his career.

Like I said when I made this thread, he is pretty much everything you want from a combo guard off the bench but he just can't keep it together long enough to ever really stick with a team.