Kirilenko to sign with Minnesota: 2 yrs, $20M

I would like this contract a whole lot more if that 2nd year was a team option rather than a player option (he is picking that shit up for sure). AK is a player that can help a team, but god damn 10M a year is hefty.. but at least 2 years isn't bad, that 2nd year he is a solid expiring considering he is a starter in this league.

Kahn has got to be one of the worst GM's in the NBA though, hands down. The fact that this is far from his worst transaction says it all.

I can understand why they want to bring in AK47... they desperately need another wing after striking out on Batum and Derrick Williams is a terrible fit with Adelman. But, this is a horrid contract, especially since they had to give up a first rounder just to make all this happen.

I can understand why they want to bring in AK47... they desperately need another wing after striking out on Batum and Derrick Williams is a terrible fit with Adelman. But, this is a horrid contract, especially since they had to give up a first rounder just to make all this happen.

Don't really see how it's so bad. It's basically for one year, then you can move him as it will be an expiring contract...

Don't really see how it's so bad. It's basically for one year, then you can move him as it will be an expiring contract...

You don't sign someone with the intent of trading him the following year. It's clear that management believes he's worth a first round pick and at the same price tag as Gerald Wallace. I disagree. You just have to question the direction of this franchise. After their failed pursuit of Nic Batum (who's overrated anyhow, and is not worth the Derrick Williams and 2 first rounders), they decide to overpay for a guy who hasn't played in the NBA in 2 years and at one point was mulling on the veterans minimum from the Nets.

I like AK as a player, but not at this price tag.

Sure, 10 mil per year is overpaid for when it comes to Kirlinko, but if the T-Wolves want to compete, he's not a bad piece with what's still out on the market.

And, still, the contract is short. You see how he plays this upcoming season...hell, maybe he plays well? If he does, the T-Wolves could really be a pretty good team even out West.

And if he doesn't, they made a mistake, and you shuffle him off the next year.

Edited by JYD

• 3 weeks later...

With Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic as your starters in the frontcourt and no elite defenders on the perimeter, Kirilenko's skillset is sorely needed. Minny has no shot blocking presence inside and desperately needed a glue guy on the wings. While Kirilenko will contribute little over a block a game, he adds some length a defensive presence that none of our post players (with the exception of a little-used Greg Stiemmsma) will offer. A band-aid on a bullet wound? Maybe, but his experience is a plus and he'll help cover up some problem areas for the Wolves.