Washington @ Toronto

• 3 months later...

Raps were playing well this game until the 4th. Arenas was actually kept in check until the 4th. Beli and Turk were just horrible. Bosh played like poo but not in the 2nd.

Im actually happy I post here, some people actually have some knowledge of the raptor game. RealGM posters are such babies. Im tired of them panicing after everything.

For the same reason why Al Jefferson wasn't an all-star: big offensive numbers, no defense, no team success.

Our team has better success than the Timberwolves, and even you can agree with that. Aside Bosh and Garnett, which other power forwards in the East deserve a spot on the All Star roster over Jamison? He's made it before with "no defense", so who is to say he shouldn't get it this year with equally impressive numbers?

• Owner

Our team has better success than the Timberwolves, and even you can agree with that. Aside Bosh and Garnett, which other power forwards in the East deserve a spot on the All Star roster over Jamison?

Josh Smith.

Doesn't work that way anyways. Forwards are voted in, not small forwards and power forwards. LeBron, Garnett, Bosh, Pierce...that's already four of the twelve. The coach's selection will be a big and a guard, more than likely, and I'd be picking Granger and Josh Smith over Jamison at the forward spot.

And I was talking about Jefferson last year, when the Wolves were running with a .293 record. The Wizards are at around .375 this season, so I can't say they are that much better.

Josh Smith.

Doesn't work that way anyways. Forwards are voted in, not small forwards and power forwards. LeBron, Garnett, Bosh, Pierce...that's already four of the twelve. The coach's selection will be a big and a guard, more than likely, and I'd be picking Granger and Josh Smith over Jamison at the forward spot.

And I was talking about Jefferson last year, when the Wolves were running with a .293 record. The Wizards are at around .375 this season, so I can't say they are that much better.

Granger yes, Josh Smith definitely not. Smith is no where near as impacting to his team as Jamison is. Jamison has a higher role on the team and is also the team captain. Defense or not, he is more important to his team than Smith is to the Hawks.

Granger yes, Josh Smith definitely not. Smith is no where near as impacting to his team as Jamison is. Jamison has a higher role on the team and is also the team captain. Defense or not, he is more important to his team than Smith is to the Hawks.

You're kidding right?

Josh has emerged as basically a co-captain on the Hawks. Without him, there is absolutely no way they would be considered elite. Without Jamison, the Wizards would be in the same position they are now, under .500...

And to be perfectly honest, Jamison isn't the only captain, having three captains on this team really helps take off the pressure. Jamison is a great scorer, but he also shoots some horrible shots.

Smith knows exactly what he has to do on the court, shoot when needed to, not take stupid jumpers, play great defense, and win games.

You're kidding right?

Josh has emerged as basically a co-captain on the Hawks. Without him, there is absolutely no way they would be considered elite. Without Jamison, the Wizards would be in the same position they are now, under .500...

And to be perfectly honest, Jamison isn't the only captain, having three captains on this team really helps take off the pressure. Jamison is a great scorer, but he also shoots some horrible shots.

Smith knows exactly what he has to do on the court, shoot when needed to, not take stupid jumpers, play great defense, and win games.

There's only 2, Gilbert isn't a captain. I'm not saying Smith is worse than Jamison, I'm saying he's less impacting to his team. Josh isn't exactly WAY more efficient than Jamison...

There's only 2, Gilbert isn't a captain. I'm not saying Smith is worse than Jamison, I'm saying he's less impacting to his team. Josh isn't exactly WAY more efficient than Jamison...

But he still is more efficient and takes better shots...

Add that with his defense and overall leadership, and he easily is the better player this season.

Have you seen a Hawks game this year? Josh Smith does so much more for that team than Jamison has for the Wiz, I didn't think this was even up for discussion.

We held them below their average points per game, so there must have been some defense.

You allowed them to score more than their average points per game. They scored 106 and are averaging 104.8 on the season.

Besides, even then, I wouldn't be bragging about holding a team to "only" 106 points, regardless of how high scoring they are. From what I saw of last nights game, there was no defense being played at all by anybody aside from Brendan Haywood. Even during the fourth quarter when the Raptors went on that cold streak, it wasn't because of some great defense being played by the Wizards. Not trying to hate on the Wizards because they deserved the, just stating my opinion because from what I saw the only player playing any defense last night was Brendan Haywood.

You allowed them to score more than their average points per game. They scored 106 and are averaging 104.8 on the season.

Besides, even then, I wouldn't be bragging about holding a team to "only" 106 points, regardless of how high scoring they are. From what I saw of last nights game, there was no defense being played at all by anybody aside from Brendan Haywood. Even during the fourth quarter when the Raptors went on that cold streak, it wasn't because of some great defense being played by the Wizards. Not trying to hate on the Wizards because they deserved the, just stating my opinion because from what I saw the only player playing any defense last night was Brendan Haywood.

Huh? They scored 102... We scored 106. Plus it is unlikely for Bosh to perform that poorly against "no defense" so we obviously contained him enough.

Edited by Gil-Zero

Huh? They scored 102... We scored 106. Plus it is unlikely for Bosh to perform that poorly against "no defense" so we obviously contained him enough.

My bad, read the wrong box score. Congratulations for holding the Raptors 2.2 points under their season average. You really locked them down. :rolleyes:

And did I not say that Brendan Haywood played good defense on more than one occasion in tht post? Was it not Brendan Haywood who was guarding Bosh for the majority of the game?

Edited by Built Ford Tough

My bad, read the wrong box score. Congratulations for holding the Raptors 2.2 points under their season average. You really locked them down. :rolleyes:

And did I not say that Brendan Haywood played good defense on more than one occasion in tht post? Was it not Brendan Haywood who was guarding Bosh for the majority of the game?

I'm not saying we played great defense haha I'm not arguing at all, I'm just stating that if our defense is as bad as everyone says it is, the Raptors should have exceeded their points per game against us. We were clearly doing something right and that involved more than just containing Bosh.

I'm not saying we played great defense haha I'm not arguing at all, I'm just stating that if our defense is as bad as everyone says it is, the Raptors should have exceeded their points per game against us. We were clearly doing something right and that involved more than just containing Bosh.

Or it was simply the fact that the Wizards scored more points than the Raptors.

Um... ok?

?

We didn't do anything right on defense, when only one person on our whole roster is playing defense, there's nothing to be proud of. We won the game because we scored more points than the other team, not because we did something right on defense.

Our defense is horrible, Flip needs to give Dominic more PT.

• Owner

Haywood is the only defender in that five. Everyone else? Matadors. It's been that way forever now.

And not a chance Jamison deserves it over Josh Smith, and Smith is easily the better overall player. I don't even see why or how that can be debated. Smith is Atlanta's MVP, and the Hawks are one of the best teams in the conference because of that. If Jamison was one of the best forwards in the East, the Wizards would be better than they are right now...unless, of course, the blame is pushed onto Arenas, because he's the primary ball handler in the offense.