Kobe wont chase sixth ring

Kobe Bryant said he will not chase a sixth NBA championship.

“I’m just going to, like, hold on for dear life?” Bryant said when asked if he would stick around till he won another title. “I’m not the type of guy to do that. I’ll give you the great effort, my best effort, but if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.

“But I’ll be damned if it doesn’t.”

Bryant, 33, again hinted that he may retire after the 2013-14 season.

“That’s what I’m thinking, but I haven’t had any serious thoughts about it,” he said

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/kobe-bryant-the-elder-statesman-is-an-olympian-worth-cheering/2012/07/28/gJQAltmeGX_story.html?wprss=rss_wizards

^ I stand by the comment I made yesterday.

And I stand by the question I made yesterday. You still didn't respond.

You also said that 'no one here will disagree (with your comment)'. I doubt that.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Hes so full of shit. Not in regards to ring chasing (he already has 3 'tainted' rings apparently, and he ran Shaq out of town already for not getting enough credit.. why would he want more?) because I am 99.9999% sure he never plays outside of LA, but in regards to retiring by the end of this contract.

The titles not misleading at all. Wtfff are you talking about Shaliq?

While he may not be going to be 'a ring chaser like so many other old guys', he'll still give his 'best effort'.

So that's not the best possible topic title. One other thing - the first line in the quote tag (opening post):

Kobe Bryant said he will not chase a sixth NBA championship.

^ Where in that WP link you see such a statement? icon14.gif

That WP columnist never wrote that.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

While he may not be going to be 'a ring chaser like so many other old guys', he'll still give his 'best effort'.

So that's not the best possible topic title. One other thing - the first line in the quote tag (opening post):

^ Where in that WP link you see such a

statement?

icon14.gif

That WP columnist never wrote that.

Best possible topic title?

Kobe clearly says he's going to give his best effort and whatever happens, happens. That means he's not going to go ring chasing......

You could say that the title could be changed but by no means is the the title misleading lol.

Kobe can stay productive as long as his health holds up and he doesn't get any major injuries. MJ was averaging 20PPG at age 40 because he adjusted his game throughout his career to not rely on athleticism to beat his opponent...Kobe has those same skill and even more, though he doesn't have the same strength to dominate in the post like MJ did. I can see him being a 20PPG scorer for the next 5 years on halfway decent efficiency if he wanted to.