Charlotte @ New Jersey

alcstarheel

• 3 months later...

Well I was glued to the game the whole time, so I didn't get to post my thoughts in between. But a LOT went on.

I was getting really frustrated with T-Will. He went as far as 0-8, and he made some pretty bad decisions, including a short jumper on a fast break and an unnecessary 3. That threw us off a bit when we could have gone ahead in situations.

Charlotte was clearly double-teaming Lopez, and we did extremely well in moving the ball around to get others, especially Lee, involved. Lopez was incredible despite the defensive pressure. This was a huge game for Lee also, with everyone saying he was out of shape.

Watching the game, it certainly didn't feel like Charlotte scored just 91. We had a lot of trouble stopping them before the fourth. They took advantage of open shots and drew fouls to keep slipping away the first three quarters. Wallace was killer early on, and Felton and Jackson were on a hot streak throughout. Thankfully, though, we made key stops.

Maybe it was the feeling of a new start for the Nets with Kiki in charge. Maybe it was more resting time for a couple of our guys. Whatever it was, this streak is behind us now and we should look a bit more impressive going forward.