LAL/PHI/DEN/ORL 4-way discussions

I think LA will be asking for more. They weren't willing to send out both big men for Dwight, and really, I don't see how Harrington flips the switch.

Who would you want instead?

• Owner

Who would you want instead?

I don't know. I haven't had time to really look into this yet...but I did just realize that Gasol and Bynum, together, would demand a return of approx. 75% of $36 million, and that's around $29 million (off the top of my head). Harrington doesn't make enough money, so we'd be getting a third player in the deal.

Actually, I love this deal for every team but the Magic.

Lakers get Dwight, and get a stretch 4 who will get a TON of open looks in LA, and whose defense will be covered up by Dwight like Rashard Lewis' was. Maybe not a permanent answer at the 4, but a very nice replacement.

With Turner on the come up in Philly, a Bynum for Iguodala swap is a nice deal for them with some strong potential for the future.

Denver gets Iguodala, who will fit nicely into their system and give their perimeter some defense.

For the Magic...eh. Gasol is on the wrong side of 30 and not a franchise player, and while Afflalo is a nice player he is also not a guy you build around, and won't really give the team a new dimension to build on.

Possibly the best, most balanced Dwight trade I've seen, though.

Love this for Denver, LA, and Philly. Iggy in George Karl's system is going to be a sight to see, I can't wait to watch that team.

Still confused as to what Hennigan is looking for. A 30 year old that's owed 38 million the next 2 years? I'm sure they would flip him for some more young talent, but why not just get the second best center in the game?

• Owner

Lakers get Dwight, and get a stretch 4 who will get a TON of open looks in LA, and whose defense will be covered up by Dwight like Rashard Lewis' was. Maybe not a permanent answer at the 4, but a very nice replacement.

Yeah, but I was expecting the Lakers to bring in an athletic four to back up Antawn Jamison (if we're trading Gasol), who is basically going to be doing the same exact thing Harrington would do for us.

I guess the idea is to have a similar player at the four, starting and off the bench, in the Princeton offense. I just hate that neither are great at passing the ball, and Gasol is excellent in that department.