NFL Pre-Season Thread

Warren2ThaG

Newton doesn't have nearly as many targets as Vick does though. Panthers had a nice two TE system going but Shockey didn't resign. It's basically down to Olsen, Smith and their rbs while Vick has Desean, Maclin, Celek, Avant(kinda) and McCoy that he can use in the passing game.

IF Vick doesn't get injured which is very doubtful, I'm liking him over Cam.

Newton doesn't have nearly as many targets as Vick does though. Panthers had a nice two TE system going but Shockey didn't resign. It's basically down to Olsen, Smith and their rbs while Vick has Desean, Maclin, Celek, Avant(kinda) and McCoy that he can use in the passing game.

IF Vick doesn't get injured which is very doubtful, I'm liking him over Cam.

Brandon LeFell will have a solid season as the #2 and DeAngelo and Stewart are excellent receivers out of the backfield. I don't think there's too much of a difference between the weapons each guy has to work with.

Steve Smith is a far more complete WR than DeSean Jackson even at his age. Eagles have a better #2 in Maclin, but that's not saying a whole lot because the Panthers really haven't had a reliable guy since Muhammed. And I would take a three headed monster in DeAngelo, Stewart, and Tolbert over McCoy every single time. It's add more versatility and change of pace to an offense.

Seahawks at Broncos tnite!

I love the Seahawks secondary... Earl Thomas is the man. Should be nice to see how Peyton performs against a better defense.

Even as a Giants fan I can admit the Eagles have a way ? better group of WR's and RB's than the Panthers. But I also think Cam will have a better year numbers wise because Vick will play 12 games max

Panthers Running Backs: DeAngelo Williams, Johnathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert = Best Backfield in the NFL

Eagles Running Backs: LeSean McCoy, Dion Lewis, Chris Polk -- Not taking anything away from McCoy, but Dion Lewis hasn't even proved himself yet and Stewart and Tolbert are light years ahead of him.

I can agree on you with WR to an extent.

Lafell is really a selling point? Jeez

Desean/Maclin/Mccoy >>>>>>>>>

I would hear this from an Eagles fan.... You guys have too much pride. Numbers don't lie my man :poke2:

Brandon LaFell's 2011 DVOA of 23.2% was 11th in the NFL, just ahead of stud receivers like Wes Welker (12th - 23.1%), Dez Bryant (13th - 21.9%), Greg Jennings (14th - 21.8%), and Andre Johnson (15th - 18.9%).

He is poised for a breakout season this year especially with a full off-season with Chud.

I'd rather take Steve Smith over Jackson's inconsistent hands. Maclin is a great WR and will eventually be the "guy" for the Eagles.

Edited by Smoke