Denver @ Philadelphia

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nuggets have done a tremendous job of picking up their defense, and all of the sudden their offense is rolling. That combination has given them the momentum, but there's still time left for the 76ers to make a comeback. They need to start getting some defensive stops though, and not foul.

That's exactly what he should have done. He won't win anything in Philly, so what's the [expletive]in point?

Real Deal already explained it to you best my dear sir about why a player would rather win a ring being apart of a team rather than coat tailing a good team to a championship. Ex Gary Payton; an almost non erasable asterisk will always be by his ring.

Also A.I. has always stated that he wanted to retire in Philly. He can do that now being still known as one of the 50 greatest players whether he wins a ring or not. Plus he will be able to leave the game with pride knowing that he played the game "the right way" as Larry Brown would say.

Edited by Ya Dig!

Surprise, surprise.

Bad shooting percentage, horrible defense. CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

Your team did not even play A.I. signifigantly when they had him and thus they are still losing without him. Way to hold a grudge guy.

Your team did not even play A.I. signifigantly when they had him and thus they are still losing without him. Way to hold a grudge guy.

Yes and ever since the Grizzlies got rid of A.I., their record has been a lot better. If A.I. left in peace I would be fine, but he left pissing off his teammates and coaches. He's a flat out cancer.

Yes and ever since the Grizzlies got rid of A.I., their record has been a lot better. If A.I. left in peace I would be fine, but he left pissing off his teammates and coaches. He's a flat out cancer.

So he pissed off his team mates and coaching staff because he wanted to get more minutes and help a team out thats struggling in the postion that he plays and thats makes him a cancer. Ok.

So he pissed off his team mates and coaching staff because he wanted to get more minutes and help a team out thats struggling in the postion that he plays and thats makes him a cancer. Ok.

He was complaining the first game after recovering from injury. Lionell Hollins publically said that he has a team to coach and is tired talking about Allen Iverson. Rudy Gay said he has better things to do than worry about Allen Iverson. The locker room was tired of his ego. 1-7 with Iverson on the team and now the record stands at 8-12.

AI's ego is nothing new, Memphis knew exactly what they were getting themselves into when they signed. What did they expect when Hollins wasn't giving him the minutes he desired? Maybe if he did, we might have seen the same inspirational AI we just saw last night. Hell, two of the three games he appeared in for the Grizzlies were very solid for his minutes and the fact that he was adapting to an entirely new team.

AI's ego is nothing new, Memphis knew exactly what they were getting themselves into when they signed. What did they expect when Hollins wasn't giving him the minutes he desired? Maybe if he did, we might have seen the same inspirational AI we just saw last night. Hell, two of the three games he appeared in for the Grizzlies were very solid for his minutes and the fact that he was adapting to an entirely new team.

Hollins was 100% against signing Iverson. It isn't his fault that the front office made decisions without his approval and without asking Hollins whether or not he would play him. As much as I have grown to hate Hollins over the past few months, he deserves credit for standing up to a idiotic front office.

And how was Iverson inspirational last night? Maybe emotionally for the fans, but who cares? Results are all that matter. Bad shooting for 11 points and 6 assists and getting torn up by the opposing offense is nothing inspirational to me.