Chad being cut on Hardknocks (VID)

Need4Sheed

• Owner

I wonder if Chad actually asked if they could dive back into the room and reenact the event as it unfolded, just for his show.

EDIT: Of course, VH1 just pulled his show...so let me assume something similar, except with HBO asking both parties to go back in and reenact it for their show.

Well if you think about it, Chad couldnt act out on the decision.

It would only hurt his future chances at another team which I highly doubt anyone will take another chance anytime soon.

Dude's career is pretty much done.

Give the Raiders another week.

If you watched the first episode, you would know that Chad was already getting under Philbin's skin. Philbin likes to joke around, but Chad was taking it to another level, and he was very unhappy with the way Chad cursed in his first interview. So I am sure Chad knew what was coming if he screwed up again.

I personally think he got cut because of the thing he did to his wife and the cloud of negativity he would have over him. He looked pretty good in camp and is probably better than most of our WR's at this point. The press conference thing was no big deal, they just never gave him a chance to prove he changed, thats why I am pissed they cut him.

Edited by SRV

If you watched the first episode, you would know that Chad was already getting under Philbin's skin. Philbin likes to joke around, but Chad was taking it to another level, and he was very unhappy with the way Chad cursed in his first interview. So I am sure Chad knew what was coming if he screwed up again.

I personally think he got cut because of the thing he did to his wife and the cloud of negativity he would have over him. He looked pretty good in camp and is probably better than most of our WR's at this point. The press conference thing was no big deal, they just never gave him a chance to prove he changed, thats why I am pissed they cut him.

I kind of thought that was like a well known fact for why he got cut.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Now your best WR's are Bess, and Hartline lol.... Some of the unknowns had shown signs of promise but anyone can be a pratice All-Star and not give the same play when its game time.

I would think a football team would support one of their guys when dealing with a domestic case.... its not like it was drugs or anything like that. Chad wasn't given a fair shot.

I kind of thought that was like a well known fact for why he got cut.

Philbin made it seem like Chad was going to get cut regardless of if he had done this or not, which is BS. If he had not gotten arrested, he would be a day 1 starter on this team. Chad does a lot of talking, but he was fully committed to doing what was needed to get better and make the team better, and we just cut him for something that is still under investigation. Not like Chad is completely innocent for what he did to his wife, but he has never done anything bad throughout his career, and its his hometown. We could have shown some sympathy. Now he is getting divorced, his VH1 show got cut (which probably meant he was getting paid), he has no job in the NFL, and the NFL will probably fine him/discipline him on top of that. Kind of just shit on his life even more than what already happened, while other athletes across various sports do much shadier things repeatedly over their careers and don't really see the repercussions.

As an organization we are too caught up with what guys do off the field rather than what they can do on the field. That is why we will never advance in our division. The Jets and Patriots would pick up a murderer on their team if he can play the game and give them some talent, while we are looking for angels who can do decent on the field. Not saying we should have a locker room full of divas, but one diva in a locker room full of good people isn't going to kill the image of the team.

The first episode, we brought Braylon Edwards in for a workout and Eric Steinbach for the O-Line. They said Braylon looked very good and Eric looked slow. Jeff Ireland took Braylon in and talked about his off the field record and stuff he has done. Clearly concerned about this, we let Braylon walk to Seatlle and we signed Eric Steinach who we thought was slow.

Edited by SRV