What if the Thunder had traded?

I remember a while back there were rumors that the Thunder might trade Westbrook for Rondo. I'm not sure if that were merely speculation or if there was any legitimacy to that rumor, but had that been the case would the Thunder be better off? Also how good would a Big Three of Westbrook+Pierce+KG be, could they win out the East?

• Owner

I was all for it. I've always stated that Rondo can be a pretty good scorer when he wants to be, and I think his basketball IQ is much higher than Russell's.

For me, Westbrook just changes the pace at all the wrong times, doesn't do much to get anyone else involved (definitely not a true point), and his decisions to attack come out of nowhere. Durant will catch fire, and you can tell he's locked in...and then, Westbrook misses a layup, takes a jumper off a screen, then turns the ball over...and I just roll my eyes.

Boston would probably benefit from the deal, also...because they DON'T have a Durant. Pierce, KG and Terry would welcome someone that willingly comes in and scores 25-30 a night. It takes the ball out of their hands more, gives them rest...makes sustaining their play easier, and allows them to focus a bit more on the defensive end.

I'm still not convinced that Rondo is a reliable scoring option, he's as one dimensional as the come. He's excellent at getting to the rim and finishing off the glass (might actually be the best in the league), but outside of that he's mediocre in every other way.

I'm still not convinced that Rondo is a reliable scoring option, he's as one dimensional as the come. He's excellent at getting to the rim and finishing off the glass (might actually be the best in the league), but outside of that he's mediocre in every other way.

I don't know man. I feel like he can impact a team in a lot of different ways. He's solid defensively, can rebound, obviously can pass his ass of and has great court vision, his jumper was a lot better in that series against MIA as well. If he can consistently hit those we're definitely arguing best point in the league.

I have to disagree. As far as scoring he's pretty one dimensional (although his jumper looked like it was improved in the playoffs). I don't think you can call the top triple-double threat in the league one dimensional though.

I don't know man. I feel like he can impact a team in a lot of different ways. He's solid defensively, can rebound, obviously can pass his ass of and has great court vision, his jumper was a lot better in that series against MIA as well. If he can consistently hit those we're definitely arguing best point in the league.

Agreed.