Even with offensive holes, the D, run game could win NFC West

Warren2ThaG

http://prod.static.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/players/2012/thomas-earl/120425thomas400.jpg

Even with offensive holes, the D, run game could win NFC West

The Seattle Seahawks really, really like their young defense. There is a general excitement about where that young group is and where it is going. But to the coaches, execs, and even some players in this organization, the offense is much more of a work in progress.

There are questions at quarterback. There is a pretty wide, sweeping open competition going on for spots at wide receiver. And, as one team source said, "my biggest concern is the offensive line." So clearly this team could be a bit unbalanced this season.

The good news is that last year a team led by Alex Smith won the division. And the year before that, a team led by an aging Matt Hasselbeck won the division (these very Seahawks). The is an overall passing deficiency in the NFC West, and though they are at varying stages of health, and varying stages of their careers, receivers like Sidney Rice, Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards all have done big things at times in this league ... just not so much lately.

Of course, the run game will carry the day. No doubt about that. Marshawn Lynch will take on a heavy load and this will be a throwback team built on ground control, a menacing defense and probably the NFL's best home-field advantage. If they can sustain a vertical threat through Rice, Edwards or T.O., then all the better. Matt Flynn will be asked to more or less manage games and come up with a few big plays here and there ... Which sounds an awful lot like the 49ers' template a year ago, and we all know how that went.

On paper, they feel good about it all, but games aren’t played on paper, the front office is eager to see how everyone gels, and if they can in fact strike up some chemistry, than a shot at the division is within reach.

--------------------------

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19872807/seahawks-camp-report-even-with-offensive-holes-the-d-run-game-could-win-nfc-west

Edited by Warren2ThaG

Thanks for being honest, ur my main dude.

Hey man I'm just bein real. I mean their d definitely is solid and we all know about beast mode. Not to mention they're a division rival and anyone who says ANY division rivalry is easy is definitely mistaken. That being said I still feel confident that we can win the division.

Edited by Blazed49