James Anderson Headed To Atlanta?

Warren2ThaG

http://www.woai.com/media/lib/12/e/a/4/ea40c994-8810-44b2-a5ea-581733413c48/Story.jpg

James Anderson Headed To Atlanta?

"Apparently so, if this tweet from Spurs teammate — er, ex-teammate? — Danny Green has any validity:

Got to show love n shout my guy @25 Anderson out for the new deal with Atlanta…Congrats man! Bright future ahead

Certainly makes sense, what with Danny Ferry now up operations in Hotlanta. Anderson gets a fresh start with a team looking to rebuild, while the veteran Spurs will hardly be crippled by the departure of a shooting guard who, two seasons into his NBA career, can't really shoot (career 49.7 TS %)."

----------------

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/08/24/james-anderson-headed-to-atlanta/

I actually thought that Anderson was going to be another one of those classic Spur steals when they picked him 20th in the 2010 draft. I really thought he would be able to come in and contribute immediately and would end up being a starting calibre shooting guard.

Oddly enough, the reason why I thought he would be a steal is actually the reason why he has been a flop so far; his jumper. I thought he would be a lights out shooter especially since the big three would demand so much attention. I knew he had a strange hitch in his mechanics but it didn't really stop him from being an effective shooter in college (career 38 3PT% and 80 FT% in his 3 years at OK State) so I figured it wouldn't be an issue in the pros once he got to work with the Spur staff. That obviously wasn't the case since he has been awful in his two years and he can barely even get his shot off at this level.

Maybe a change of scenery will help him, but from what I've seen, I doubt it. I haven't seen anything from him in his two years to think that he will break out in Atlanta.