Melo: We'll Be Golden

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/carmelo-anthony-knicks.jpg

Melo: We'll Be Golden

"Carmelo Anthony wants the Knicks to have a gold-medal mindset.

The Knicks forward said he wants to bring the outlook Team USA had during its gold medal-winning effort at the London Olympics to Madison Square Garden this season.

"I'm excited to get this thing going," Anthony said. "Especially coming off this run we just had with the USA team. To be able to put that team together and still be able to accomplish something. I want to bring that mentality back here to the Knicks."

Anthony and teammate Tyson Chandler played together in London alongside superstars such as Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, harmoniously cruising to a second straight gold medal.

The Knicks have been criticized since the acquisition of Anthony in February 2011 for chemistry issues that have seemed to plague him and Amar'e Stoudemire. In addition to the trio of Anthony, Chandler and Stoudemire, the Knicks added veteran point guards Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton as well as Marcus Camby to fill out a roster that hopes to contend for an NBA title.

"I'm excited, everybody's working," Anthony said during a ProCamps event at St. John's University. "Amar'e is in the gym, Iman [shumpert] is getting his knee right, Tyson was out there with me. We have veteran guys who we don't really have to teach the game to. It's a matter of putting it all together and making this run."

While Anthony and Chandler were in London, Stoudemire was in Houston training with Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon to improve his post game."

------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/melo_we_ll_be_golden_B8uvvzhOCxj0AdiH2OwNNP

As much as i hate the knicks

I remember when Dirk had that run 2 years ago where he was shooting lights out and took the play-offs by storm

that momentum carried them all the way to a championship

With Melo..J.R. Knicks got two players that IF they get HOTT in the RIGHT TIME, then they could very well see themselves

with a ring.

As much as i hate the knicks

I remember when Dirk had that run 2 years ago where he was shooting lights out and took the play-offs by storm

that momentum carried them all the way to a championship

With Melo..J.R. Knicks got two players that IF they get HOTT in the RIGHT TIME, then they could very well see themselves

with a ring.

I don't see this team being able to win a championship. Not if they had to beat the Heat and then the Lakers (or Thunder)

What it's about for the Knicks is winning at least one round, even two. I'd just love to have some fun with this team for once. You have to remember, the Knicks have won just one playoff game in more than a decade.

As a fan, I'm not really concerned with them actually winning a title...God forbid Melo and Amar'e got hot, as well as the rest of the cast, and they somehow had a miraclous run, that'd be awesome. But at least for this next season I just want to see them at least win a round, and I'd like to see them get a top 4 seed and home court advantage in the first round. To me, that'd be a successful season.

I don't see this team being able to win a championship. Not if they had to beat the Heat and then the Lakers (or Thunder)

What it's about for the Knicks is winning at least one round, even two. I'd just love to have some fun with this team for once. You have to remember, the Knicks have won just one playoff game in more than a decade.

As a fan, I'm not really concerned with them actually winning a title...God forbid Melo and Amar'e got hot, as well as the rest of the cast, and they somehow had a miraclous run, that'd be awesome. But at least for this next season I just want to see them at least win a round, and I'd like to see them get a top 4 seed and home court advantage in the first round. To me, that'd be a successful season.

I can see them getting past the first as long as they manage to be a top 5 team in the East. Which should really happen btw. And really should have a chance in the second round or at least make it a 6 or 7 game series. On paper this team is solid. Kidd, JR/Shump (when healthy) Melo, Amare, Tyson. Thats a squad not to sleep on at all, NY has the talent its the chemistry and coaching which imo is lacking.

I can see them getting past the first as long as they manage to be a top 5 team in the East. Which should really happen btw. And really should have a chance in the second round or at least make it a 6 or 7 game series. On paper this team is solid. Kidd, JR/Shump (when healthy) Melo, Amare, Tyson. Thats a squad not to sleep on at all, NY has the talent its the chemistry and coaching which imo is lacking.

Chemistry can mean a lot of things. If you mean how well the pieces fit together, that's something that is still to be determined, and honestly no Knick fan can argue. The team just simply hasn't played well with Amar'e and Melo on the court at the same time (although, I still maintain the sample size has been rather small since it seems they are constantly in and out of the lineup with injuries) as well as Tyson Chandler. I think as far as ego's and getting along, they all seem to be pretty tight so I don't find that to be an issue if you mean chemistry in that regard.

Don't forget some of the role players like Ronnie Brewer and Marcus Camby...what will they get out of those guys? How will Felton play? Will he be the Portland Felton, or the half-season Knicks Felton?

So many question marks still. I agree, they should be a top 5 team if they stay healthy and things go right.

With Woodson, I don't think coaching is lacking. You can say what you want about D'Antoni, but Woodson seems like a pretty credible coach.