Houston @ Toronto

• 4 months later...

What a chicken [expletive] play by Ariza right there. You don't take a swing at somebody with your elbow to the back of their head. There is absolutely no place in the game for dirty [expletive] like that. He is trying to take DeRozan out from behind with an elbow to the back of his head.

Ariza should be suspended for this crap. There is absolutely no place in the game for garbage like that. Taking a swing at a player is bad enough on its own, but throwing an elbow to the back of a players head is just dispicable.

• Like 2

What a chicken [expletive] play by Ariza right there. You don't take a swing at somebody with your elbow to the back of their head. There is absolutely no place in the game for dirty [expletive] like that. He is trying to take DeRozan out from behind with an elbow to the back of his head.

Ariza should be suspended for this crap. There is absolutely no place in the game for garbage like that. Taking a swing at a player is bad enough on its own, but throwing an elbow to the back of a players head is just dispicable.

Exactly

And Toronto blows yet another double digit lead. This game should've been over in the 3rd quarter, but yet again, the Raptors fail to put the hammer down and now it is looking like the Rockets might be able to steal a game here. At the very least, it is looking like Triano is going to have to but Bosh back into the game when he really should've been able to take the rest of the game off.

EDIT: Lead back up to 13, but I am still uneasy about this team.

Missed the game but it looks like Jack was effective. I am still confident that if Jack gets comfortable in the starting 5 we are most definitely a better team with him starting or getting the more minutes at PG than with Jose playing. This should allow Turk to get more touches with Jose the ball whore out and Jack is a better hustle, defensive and slashing PG than Jose, all things this team has lacked at PG the past season with Jose starting.

It's a good thing that the Rockets got rid of crazy Ron Artest for the calm, stable Trevor Ariza, eh?

Seriously though, that was complete bush league. No matter how poorly you are playing you don't do that [expletive] to another player.

This is Trevor Ariza first incident since last season. I still consider him a calm player.

Jose benched, Jack starts.

Ariza goes 0-9.

Brooks goes 6-20.

Turkoglu has 23 - 6 - 5.

Lookin' good.

What about the Milwaukee game when Jose didn't play and Jack started?

Turkoglu put up 9/3/2

The Bucks point guards (Jennings, Ridnour and Ukic) put up a combined 54/16 on 19-32

Or the Timberwolves game where Turkoglu put up 16/8/4 but shot a horrifc 2-11 from the field? Flynn didn't have too bad of a game either as he put up 17/8 on 6-14 shooting.

Those aren't looking so good.

I am probably the biggest Calderon hater on here, but the Raptors aren't a better team without him in the lineup. Sure, they may be better with him off of the bench and Jack starting (this remains to be seen as Jack hasn't really played well defensively this season either) and I definitely think that they are better if Turkoglu is given a larger responsiblity, but anybody who thinks that the Raptors are a better team with Jack as the starting point guard and Belinelli or Banks backing him up at the point is kidding theirself.

I would like to see how the Raptors play with Calderon off of the bench and Jack starting when Jose comes back though but they aren't a better team without him like some people are trying to say.

This is Trevor Ariza first incident since last season. I still consider him a calm player.

I know. It was a joke.

However, I do not think that the Rockets were better off with Ariza over Artest like I have heard people say.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

What about the Milwaukee game when Jose didn't play and Jack started?

Turkoglu put up 9/3/2

The Bucks point guards (Jennings, Ridnour and Ukic) put up a combined 54/16 on 19-32

Or the Timberwolves game where Turkoglu put up 16/8/4 but shot a horrifc 2-11 from the field? Flynn didn't have too bad of a game either as he put up 17/8 on 6-14 shooting.

Those aren't looking so good.

Okay, so I haven't been paying THAT close attention to the Raptors. Still, I think the Raptors are heading in the right direction with Jack starting. Let's see what the numbers start to look like next game, cause it sounds like Ariza and Brooks poor play may have just been a fluke or an "off day" for them.

Okay, so I haven't been paying THAT close attention to the Raptors. Still, I think the Raptors are heading in the right direction with Jack starting. Let's see what the numbers start to look like next game, cause it sounds like Ariza and Brooks poor play may have just been a fluke or an "off day" for them.

I actually agree with you about Jack starting. I think that his game is better suited to start than Jose's. Calderon's body doesn't seem to be able to withstand playing heavy minutes as ever since the Raptors traded Ford he has bascially been hampered by some sort of nagging injury. Last season it was a groin, this season it is a hip and I am sure that if he continues to play starters minutes that we will see another annoying little injury linger around all season or something.

Calderon is much better suited off of the bench and I have always had this opinion. By bringing him off of the bench it gives you a steady hand who will bring you efficiency and consistency off of the bench. Say what you want about Calderon but nobody can deny that he is a very efficient point guard in terms of maximizng possessions and almost always puts up around 10-14 points and 6-10 assists on good shooting numbers.

Also, most importantly, his defensive shortcomings won't be as promminent if he were to come off of the bench and play against more second unit guys. He has never been a good defender, but he didn't look nearly as bad when he was backing up Ford and playing against second unit guys and I am sure that the same situation would apply here.

I just don't like how some people (not necessarily you, just some people in general) think that the Raptors are a better team without Calderon. Don't get me wrong, if a trade scenario came up for say Kirk Hinrich I would be all for it, but simply losing Calderon and gaining nothin in return doesn't make the Raptors a better team. The same can be said for Bargnani as well. While I am adamant that these two players don't fit on this current Raptors team, at least in my opinion, it doesn't mean that the Raptors would be simply better off losing them for nothing, like I have seen other Raptor fans suggest.

I don't dislike Calderon at all, actually. I think he's a good offensive PG. I like the way he controls the offense. Problem is, his offense isn't good enough to make up for his defense, especially for an abysmal defensive team like the Raptors, plus having a point forward in the starting group who needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

Hinrich would definitely be a great fit if the Raptors can find a way to get their hands on him. His defense is highly needed, and he doesn't seem to me to be as ball dominant as Calderon, which would fit well with Turkoglu. His combo guard abilities would be useful for distributing minutes between him and Jack as well.

And I agree with you, BTW, on how by simply getting rid of Calderon for nothing would be a bad move. He does bring positive things to this team, but I think in a trade they can possibly gain something that fits better in return.