Chris Christie (RNC)

Strong unemployment numbers under his watch. Or, are you going to try and blame the previous administration?

GREENWALD: See, my idea of a comeback is I'm behind and I start gaining ground and I get closer. We were at 9.7 percent unemployment. We're now at 9.8 percent unemployment. And everyone else around us is getting better. There's a problem.

CHRISTIE: To be in a spot now where really just arguing about whether we cut taxes or not, not how we bail ourselves out of the miserable economic failure that I inherited, I think that means the comeback has begun.

Seems blaming the previous administration is a Republican Keynote Speaker thing, too

And he's made it worse. Are YOU all that delusional?

Already conceded that. Numbers don't lie.

Here's a good recap of the debt debate...it's pretty [expletive]ing stupid judging on the economic state of our country.

"Overall, I’d argue that the “who increased the debt more?” debate is rather silly. The bottom line is that Bush and Obama have continued an American tradition that’s been the norm my entire lifetime: spending without regard to revenues. Bush wanted to cut taxes while funding two wars and a domestic legacy. Obama wanted to create an even bigger domestic legacy–a major move towards universal healthcare coverage–while ramping up a war and stimulating the economy. The key difference is that Obama’s preference was to also raise taxes–albeit only on top earners–to help pay for it; Congressional Republicans blocked that effort."

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/has-national-debt-increased-more-under-obama-than-bush/

Edited by JYD

Just as I thought.

Blame Bush for this.

Blame Bush for that.

Typical liberal response. They can never blame or fault Obama for anything.

Let me ask you this since you can't seem to comprehend the difference between what Bush "contributed" to the defect versus what Obama has done.

Has there ever been a President that spent as much as Obama and put us in as much debt as he has. Cool, go ahead and say Bush gave Obama a deficit, but Obama has put us in a MUCCCCHHHHHHHHHH [expletive]ing larger hole with his spending and debt.

What you're saying is similar to this:

Someone is caught speeding and gets a ticket because they've broken the law. Someone is convicted of murder, and goes to prison because they've broken a law. They must be so similar because they're both illegal. That's not the case though because one is FAR worse than the other.

Seriously, I'd expect nothing less from you than blaming everyone except Obama (like I said you would and you've proven me right).

Just as I thought.

Blame Bush for this.

Blame Bush for that.

Typical liberal response. They can never blame or fault Obama for anything.

Let me ask you this since you can't seem to comprehend the difference between what Bush "contributed" to the defect versus what Obama has done.

Has there ever been a President that spent as much as Obama and put us in as much debt as he has. Cool, go ahead and say Bush gave Obama a deficit, but Obama has put us in a MUCCCCHHHHHHHHHH [expletive]ing larger hole with his spending and debt.

What you're saying is similar to this:

Someone is caught speeding and gets a ticket because they've broken the law. Someone is convicted of murder, and goes to prison because they've broken a law. They must be so similar because they're both illegal. That's not the case though because one is FAR worse than the other.

Seriously, I'd expect nothing less from you than blaming everyone except Obama (like I said you would and you've proven me right).

It's not the deficit that Obama inherited that is the key. It's the economic state

On the road to depression = must spend money to help us get out of the hole. spend money to invest in jobs = unemployment lowers

don't you get that? of course obama was going to pump money into the economy, that's the idea of the stimulus you [expletive]ing idiot.

if all you have is that obama contributed to more debt than you're entire prospective is wack as [expletive] man. sorry. i can't put it any other way.

Edited by JYD
  • Like 1

Seems blaming the previous administration is a Republican Keynote Speaker thing, too

I'm not sure why you're focusing in on this as I never said he was doing a good job with unemployment, jut that Obama has failed at a national level, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Isn't it weird that I'm not here saying Christie should blame everyone for his problems that he has? Wow, a think a liberal would be shocked to know that they don't have to blame everyone for their own problems.

It's not the deficit that Obama inherited that is the key. It's the economic state

On the road to depression = must spend money to help us get out of the hole. invest in jobs = unemployment lowers

don't you get that? of course obama was going to pump money into the economy, that's the idea of the stimulus you [expletive]ing idiot.

if all you have is that obama contributed to more debt than you're entire prospective is wack as [expletive] man. sorry. i can't put it any other way.

You're under the impression that the stimulus package was somehow a great thing, but it wasn't. The idea of a "stimulus" and printing more money is [expletive]ing retarded. You seem to think it's a great idea when the country is in major debt....to well.......keep spending and put us into more debt.

And, yes, Obama contributing to a record breaking debt is PRETTY [expletive]ING IMPORTANT!

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I'm not sure why you're focusing in on this as I never said he was doing a good job with unemployment, jut that Obama has failed at a national level, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Isn't it weird that I'm not here saying Christie should blame everyone for his problems that he has? Wow, a think a liberal would be shocked to know that they don't have to blame everyone for their own problems.

No one is blaming Bush for Obama's problems anymore. I didn't blame Bush for Obama's problems. He inherited major problems, and a deficit. Obama added to the deficit...he didn't really have a choice with what he inherited. He had to spend money on the two wars. He had to spend the money to improve the economy.

And thankfully, the economy has certainly improved since 2008. Certainly not enough as all Americans would like to see, absolutely, but it's gotten better.

So, no, no one is continually blaming Bush at this point for our deficit. Obama has added to the deficit. We understand that. But with his circumstances, I don't see that as a major problem. He HAD to spend money to save jobs and create new ones. If he isn't investing in education, infrastructure, etc. where will new jobs come from? How will the unemployment rate go down? You seem to like to point that out continually as well.

Edited by JYD

This is bound to get locked soon and I'm going to bed now. If it's still open tomorrow I'll be back to try and knock some more common sense into you. I'm sure you'll be home all day tomorrow collecting unemployment though, even though you're probably and able bodied human being.

Nope. Have a job. My family and I do very well for ourselves, thankfully.

Edited by JYD
  • Like 1

Just as I thought.

Blame Corzine for this.

Blame Corzine for that.

Typical conservative response. They can never blame or fault themselves for anything.

Seriously, I'd expect nothing less from Christie than blaming everyone except Christie (like I said he would and he's proven me right).

Interchangeable arguments are too much fun. Try being less generic.

What did your boy Obama do? Nothing at all except failed promises.

Strong unemployment numbers under his watch. Or, are you going to try and blame the previous administration?

Please go you sheep.

Lol I love how any time something negative is brought up about a republican, you immediately respond with an Obama attack. This topic isn't about Obama, it's about Christie.

And have fun arguing about Christie to people who LIVE IN NJ, see the fat [expletive] every day on TV and live his political strategies.

• Like 1

What did your boy Obama do? Nothing at all except failed promises.

Please go you sheep.

Obama has....

- Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

- Promoted social responsibility through creation of serve.gov, a national database of volunteer opportunities

- Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions

- Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time

- Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia

- First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality

- Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

- Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base

- Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse

- Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans

http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/

He's done a lot actually

First of all, Obama has a wide range appeal just because of his race and charisma as a candidate that's different. Plus, he is the actual President, as oppose to Mitt Romney, who is a prominent politician, but doesn't have near the popularity or notoriety Worldwide like Barack Obama has.

Yeah an probably more then 50% of those 18million Obama followers will not even vote ha.

meh nearly 70 million people voted for obama last elections

and mccain was a much better candidate than mitt

but anyone remember this classic

and just FYI Cali and NY has voted democrat for like the last 5 elections

and that's a big %%% of electoral votes right there

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

Puts us in debt, Liberal spending habits...LMFAO

What was Clinton then? A far-right conservative because we had a surplus? non-sense.

I'm surprised I missed this post. You must not follow politics or anything at all because Clinton was not too popular when he entered office at first. I know you're not bragging about him here, but I've seen you mention him all too often in the past, and I never addressed him much.

Many sheep like to believe Clinton was great and whatnot, but the economic "boom" when he was in office was do the the tech boom and internet boom, not because of his policies. The "tech bubble" popped right before Bush entered office in 2000.

You are always about regulation and everything, yet you do know Clinton was the one who relaxed the rules on the banks, which gave idiots a way to buy houses they could not afford causing a false boom?

You do know what the "fair housing act" is, right? You do know who signed that in as well, right?

The one thing I can agree with you on (I think you've said it before), is that no President of the U.S. can completely control the economy. When you have hundreds of millions of people spending money in this country each day, it's tough to deal with. However, that doesn't mean you have to spend, spend, spend, and sign in stupid laws (that are unconstitutional).

I never really understood why you like to mention Clinton a lot, even though you've only mentioned him once in this thread.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2011/11/29/clinton-best-president-in-last-66-years-w-and-obama-worst/

I'll wait for the predictable republican propaganda spin from nec on this one, too. Never fails to entertain.

Are you serious right now? That growth was due to the tech boom you moron. It's funny how you post the most biased and uninformative articles you can find.

Oh, and it's no surprise that Cohan is another liberal sheep considering he's from MA. I'm lucky enough to not have been sucked into their garbage propaganda.

You're usually smarter than this, so I'm surprised you posted an article that doesn't tell you WHY those numbers are what they are. It's due to the tech boom and Clinton loosening regulations on banks. That's not really refutable.

Even though the article does not seem to place Obama in a good light, I wouldn't use that article against Obama at all right now. I think it's poorly written, and has no substance within it. Go ahead and list Cohan's credentials....I don't care....this is a poor article.

I'm getting off topic here, but not once have I ever said I love George W. Bush. However, with Obama, he's just failed to deliver on his PROMISES. You can say all politicians promise things, but if you can't deliver on them, then expect to receive shit.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Called it to a "T". Shocking that you would call a forbes article "poorly written" because it contradicts your narrow minded opinion.

It contradicts nothing. There is no SUBSTANCE there. All you do is list articles that you can't understand the meaning of. It does not show WHY those numbers where what they were.

Next time someone posts an articles from Fox News or another more conservative group, I'll make sure to tell you that you shouldn't question it because those journalists and reporters are higher up in the chain you are. That's how it works for you, right? I mean, if it's a well known person, and they don't agree with your opinion, you're going to admit they are right and are extremely intelligent because they have "credentials"? Works for me.

Also, you're far more narrow minded than myself. I can keep an open mind (not open to Obama for the most part), but you're probably the most closed minded person here.

So, do you mind telling me the reason behind those Clinton numbers, or are you just going to post articles that don't show the reason as well?

The only thing Clinton left with when he left office was a lawsuit.

Edited by EastCoastNiner