Preseason Basketball Discussion

Real Deal

• Owner

Lakers are way ahead of the pack in the 'funnest team to watch' race, and we haven't even seen Dwight yet.

Yeah, and they are just screwing around out there right now...0-4 in the preseason (will probably be 0-5 after tonight).

Dwight plays on Sunday, though...so all of that talk about him missing two months of the regular season was BS.

If I am the Kings, I call every team in the league and let them know we would listen to offers for Cousins. He's not worth shopping and trading for shit value, but if someone offers something worth listening, they should take it. That kid is bad, bad news. Such a shame, so much talent. Top 3 big in the league type of talent. Even if he reaches it though, I'm not sure you win a championship with a guy like that.

Edited by Check my Stats

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone

Melo on Landry Fields: ''...He did what he's supposed to do. I don't know what that is.''

Melo is a joke lol. I hate Fields' contract but I don't think Melo realizes players like (important word here, like) Fields are players that help win championships. This kid just really doesn't see the big picture, and its going to drive you Knicks fans crazy for the next half a decade until he fizzles into obscurity.

Hey iMan, do you know what exactly went down between Fields and Melo to make the two seem to hate each other? Was it just personalities that didn't mesh or did something happen between them?

I noticed that that there seemed to be some genuine dislike between the two of them and Melo took a shot at him after the game:

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone

Melo on Landry Fields: ''...He did what he's supposed to do. I don't know what that is.''

(Unless of course this was taken out of context, which is possible given it is only a Tweet)

• Like 1

I'm not sure, to be honest. Melo has a personality that many dislike, and I'm sure Fields and Lin (BFF) blame him for getting them run out of town.

I think it was more that Fields had some extra motivation against this big name ex-teammate, especially after all his contract criticisms, and really wanted to get in his ass on defense. Melo always pouts after a physical matchup, so it's totally possible he was digging at Landry.

I know I've said this a bunch of times already, but that is not a pun.

Lol

Am I the only one that finds preseason unwatchable? Maybe it has to do with the fact that the lakers never have any young studs trying to develop

Steve Nash said the Lakers' offense will run inside-out and simply is not the same without Dwight Howard.

In other news it was Joe Bryant's 58th birthday today, and Kobe joked with @LAIreland about how his dad can still play, but ...

... the issue is "recovery the day after. That's always the issue." Mike Brown also visited with Jellybean after he watched the Lakers' exhibition game in Vegas, telling Kobe's dad: "You look like you can still go a little!" Kobe said the thing he learned most from his dad was "basketball IQ. He and my uncle Chubby Cox really taught me and my cousins the entire game."

Source

Edited by Sħãlïq

Neither is that

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

http://www.adamriff.com/images/tracy_mcgrady.gif

:lol: I know it's 'No offense'. The P-40 vid is a reference to that P-31 joint and the last time we scrapped 'No pun'.

BTW, you beat me by a ticks (to post the vid) in April.

Shame you seem to have lost your pulse.

Edited by Sħãlïq

A pun is a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.

An example would be "The weigh-in at the Sumo wrestling tournament was a large scale effort."

Just for future reference.

• Like 1

Hey iMan, do you know what exactly went down between Fields and Melo to make the two seem to hate each other?

Berman had this to say today:

We all know Anthony and Landry Fields never hit it off as teammates on or off the court. But can someone explain to me what Melo meant when I asked him about Landry's spirited defense after the game in Montreal. "He was himself,’’ Anthony said of Fields. ‘He played defense. He did what he was supposed to do. I don’t know what that is. He did what he supposed to do. I’m sure he played with extra fire.’’ Of course, the part "I don't know what that is'' was strange. Or telling. Fields looked like he was defending Melo in Game 7 of NBA Finals.

Did Melo and Fields really get into an altercation? When Fields was with us, he seemed like an extremely humble and nice guy. Can't see any reason for Melo being a douche to him.

They didn't get into an altercation. I don't know what you heard that would make you think that, but there was nothing close to an altercation between the two.

Fields seemed to be extra motivated going up against his former team and when he was guarding Melo he was even more motivated. He was playing real physical, in-your-face defense and you could sense that there wasn't a whole lot of love between the two (which wasn't really the case with any of his other ex-teammates) based on body language and the way the two were playing.

Then after the game a reporter asked Melo a question about Fields and he gave a somewhat snippy remark that was posted earlier in this thread. It was nothing major and was hardly a big deal, I was just curious if something specific happened between the two or if it was just two grown men who's personalities didn't mesh.

But yeah, there was certainly nothing close to anything remotely resembling an altercation between the two.