Oklahoma City @ Houston

• 4 months later...

Should be a close one, anyone's game. Battier on Durant?

Yeah I think Battier will be on Durant if that dont work the might put Ariza on him, but lets just hope it works out.

This will be a good game both teams play very hard, we are coming off of a very hard overtime victory yesterday so it will be interesting to see how our legs will be come the 4th.

Wow! What a game from Ariza. Did you see him out there? He looked hungry each and every single play, posting up Durant/Green and moving around constantly.

I love the leadership he's shown the past couple games. Must have picked it up from Kobe, haha.

Wow! What a game from Ariza. Did you see him out there? He looked hungry each and every single play, posting up Durant/Green and moving around constantly.

I love the leadership he's shown the past couple games. Must have picked it up from Kobe, haha.

I dont care who he got it from as long as he got it. Ariza has play fantastic the last few game.

I dont care who he got it from as long as he got it. Ariza has play fantastic the last few game.

Definitely, he isn't forcing anything anymore. He's starting to figure out how and where to get his points in the offense, and much more confidence in his shot.

Did you see him shout at Brooks yesterday? :lol:

Definitely, he isn't forcing anything anymore. He's starting to figure out how and where to get his points in the offense, and much more confidence in his shot.

Did you see him shout at Brooks yesterday? :lol:

lol nah man I missed it I am/was at work so I sometimes miss bits and pieces...why he shout at little brooks?

It also helps if you are shot ready when you get the ball Ariza sometimes has a tendancy to just stand.

Edited by ChosenOne

• Owner

Ariza is probably acting that way (as a leader) and playing harder so he doesn't lose his role within the five, as a primary option, now that McGrady has returned (and assuming T-Mac will be 100% soon).

Jeff Green is so underrated.

Ariza is probably acting that way (as a leader) and playing harder so he doesn't lose his role within the five, as a primary option, now that McGrady has returned (and assuming T-Mac will be 100% soon).

I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility but whatever gets him going is fine by me.

Agreed on Green...here's a video on Tracy's play tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmEl-oZLSDs

I was thinking the same thing but I highly doubt that works. If Tracy comes back and starts to play well again (like before) then he is automatically going to become the #1 option ahead of Ariza. It will reduce the ammount of touches that Ariza gets but it will still keep him very much involved in the offense. Personally I think it will make him a better player, having a superstar player like Tracy next to him that gets alot of attention will open up alot more things for him.

• Owner

What I like most about Green is that he can play big. I was flipping back and forth between CHI/ATL, MIL/SAC, the football game, and this game (LOL), and it seemed like every time Green took someone in the post, he was either successful at scoring the ball, or drawing another guy over just a bit (not exactly forcing a double, but getting the attention of another defender is still a good thing).

The only thing he needs to work on is that shooting percentage, which should be higher due to the countless times he gets into the post, and his passes back out of the post.

Plus, when the Thunder played Orlando earlier this year, Green did a fairly good job on Dwight Howard, defending a guy much bigger and stronger. Pretty impressive.

• Owner

Personally I think it will make him a better player, having a superstar player like Tracy next to him that gets alot of attention will open up alot more things for him.

Haha yeah, I said that somewhere in a topic on here, open shots and all. ;)

The one before the Q finshed really hurt.

That's a nice find with the video. His explosion isn't back yet. However, he's in midseason form in the sense that it takes him two seconds before he makes any decision. He also missed the rotation with Kristic and was lucky to poke the ball away. He got better as the clip went on though. He made a nice drive and kick late in the clip and Houston's ball movement found him again wide open. He was rewarded with the open jumper.

He needs to be quicker with his decision making if he's going to play second halves under Adelman. Houston scores in the halfcourt with execution and continuity. T-Mac isn't going to help that by taking so much time before passing or driving.