Kings Experimenting With Thomas Robinson At Small Forward

*Don't rule out Thomas Robinson seeing time at small forward during the preseason. During one 5-on-5 session, Robinson was the small forward with Chuck Hayes and DeMarcus Cousins the other frontcourt players.

Robinson was also at small forward during the session open to the media Tuesday in Sacramento.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/10/thomas-robinson.html#storylink=cpy

I guess experimenting with him at the 3 won't hurt anybody, but I really don't see anything about his game that would suggest to me that he could be a full time small forward. Sure, he can handle the ball well for a power forward, but when you put him 25 feet from the basket with a quicker defender on him and suddenly his handle doesn't look quite as good.

I just don't understand why you try and change him. He is a power forward, play him at power forward. I realize that you have guys like Chuck Hayes and Jason Thompson on the roster and are limited at the 3, but still, don't try and turn the guy into something he isn't.

• Owner

Great way to ruin your draft pick, and a player with a lot of potential.

T-Rob will get down into the low post and play like a PF, if asked of him...and that's what the Kings need. With Cousins wanting to shoot jumpers, and no PF that wants to get in and bang down low...what the hell is the point of this?

I wouldn't say they need a three, either. Don't they still have Salmons? James Johnson is on the team as a backup, and Francisco Garcia is still there. It's not that impressive, but neither is the team as a whole.