Admin/Mod Teams Format

Looking back at the staff, folks have come and gone but Smitty is the only one left from the original (2005-'06) Global Moderator Team (All Forums).

I thought it'd be appropriate to consider making him an Administrator. With ALCS away, officially there's only one admin now (GamerGuy) and he's doing a great job, but I thought it'd be good to go back to the two official admins format (I also realize that appart from being the owner, Real Deal is also unofficially an admin).

Just a suggestion. Would appreciate your thoughts on it.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

• Owner

Being on staff isn't as much of a privilege as many think. It's more of a responsibility than anything else.

Justin knows this as much as anyone else since I've put this site up, actually.

Administrators are put into place to maintain what I consider the guts of the website. This includes performing maintenance the database using phpMyAdmin, editing the skin(s), and managing the community using IP tools and such.

Kyle (GG) will tell you that he doesn't have to do any of that, and he's more of an administrator that the mods can come to when I'm not around, just in case they need an extensive IP check, an IP address ban, etc.

Justin has had an opportunity to administrate the board, with Ben (Jammin) over an entire summer, and I believe he'll tell you that there really was no difference.

I realize it seems like members are more important in roles such as that one, or moderator roles, but that's just not true around here. For years, I've declined to make some of our most dedicated guys staff members, despite them deserving promotions, because I need elite members with less responsibilities on the site...more room to focus on posting. It's just an example, of course, but it's an idea that has resulted in far, far less staff feuds (which we have rarely had, can't think of one since 2005) and less members begging for those positions.

Whatever Brandon wants me to do, I'm fine with it. I'll contribute however I can.

But I will tell you...being an admin isn't the easiest thing in the world. Brandon had to clean up my mess a couple times. :lol:

Hell, being a mod isn't easy either. I remember when I was the off-topic mod years ago and basically had to shadow Kobe 2.0 in every thread with his troll posts every single day...man I don't miss that. :lol:

Still..I learned alot from it. Kinda hope to start my own forum someday(would probably be more gaming/anime/general media related)

as long as [expletive]ING COBB never becomes an admin, holy shit id stab myself in the face with soldering iron

Wow, didn't know you despised me that much.

What has brought on all this hated toward me recently? I don't like it. :confused: